Thread: Yuba River

Default Yuba River

Fished the Yuba again this evening, swung an old school march brown wet for a while with one grab. In the evening switched over to dries and landed one 12"er. Hooked another BIG fish that had me almost into my backing, was using the Hardy again, and he popped off about 15 feet from me. I really wanted to see this fish , I know it was bigger than the last one I caught there that taped 18 1/2". He did a violent head shake and that was it. Gotta love barbless hooks.

It was still a blast though he had my Hardy screaming! Hooked both on a para adams.

No pics tonight, sorry I did not want to waste time with the smaller one. The window for fishing to rising fish is very small.
    If he had it his way nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it

That is a great fishery and so close for many of us.

It should pick up in the fall.

Thanks for the report.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Fall on the Yuba

Gotta love the Yuba egg bite in the fall.
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

Went back this evening to see if I could not find that fish that got away. No such luck, the wind was pretty brutal out there and never died down. I did not see a single rise the entire night. Did not want to go subsurface so I ended up with the big goose egg...Although the moon rise was pretty spectacular.
    If he had it his way nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it