Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Top water stripers

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSunfish View Post
    SSY,

Unfortunately, you're probably at the point where you're going to have to "bite the bullet" and buy the line and the rod...... Frustrating, yes. We've all experienced it.... that's why so many of us have plastic bins of flylines at our homes..... and why you see so many on the classifieds.... not to mention what Bill K. has to clear out each year....

Everyone's casting stroke, applications, and conditions are different. However, there is enough insight from this thread to determine what kind of rod seems to work well with the OBSCW lines with regards to tossing up to the medium size PD (and anything smaller).... Including the Sage LM Bass rod, which for some reason, is overlooked.

At the end of the day, you could make most of the rods mentioned here work with the OBSCW exceptionally well. What you have to remember is that many of the people on this forum are "enthusiast" or connoisseurs, so they love to 'split hairs' and continue to find that ultimate 'mouse trap'.

Just keep in mind that this is FISHING, not brain surgery. Keep it as simple as possible and enjoy. Don't let it become like work....
    I actually had to go through all of this same stuff last Fall. As OS has said, I had to bite the bullet. Good advice can only go so far if you don't have some common experience and/or starting point to reference. Only by actually getting out there to practice & later fish, did it all start to come together for me.

Quote Originally Posted by civicrr View Post
    I actually had to go through all of this same stuff last Fall. As OS has said, I had to bite the bullet. Good advice can only go so far if you don't have some common experience and/or starting point to reference. Only by actually getting out there to practice & later fish, did it all start to come together for me.
    i guess i'll have to learn how to ride a bike all over again