Thread: Tisdale Report

Default Tisdale Report

With this heat I thought it would be good to get out a little earlier than usual and get off the water before it got too warm. We were on the water at 5:05 and had our first hook-up at 5:06. Seriourly, in the pitch dark on my second or third cast I hooked up to a nice little 3 or 4lber.

My friend is having trouble untangling his rod and can't see in the dark but another fish explodes chasing bait right next to the boat as I'm bringing in my first fish.

We drift downstream a ways and soon hook in to something much bigger,,,,, like a 10 Squawfish. And then another small striper. And then another BIG Squawfish Uugh! Where did all these guys come from?

It was by no means a red hot morning but we found a few cooperative stripers that made a great start to the day.

Off the water by 9:00 and home for another cup of coffee and some breakfast. Things should start getting going again soon as the late summer fish begin to show. No where near that number of fish that come up in the spring but there's usually a fair number of larger fish.
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Glad to see your back in ACTION!!!!
    Paul....
    Tight lines to all
    And, to all a good Fight!!!!!

Thanks Tony

The Lower American River is fishing good for Stripers now that the Shad run has slowed.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........