Thread: New FC4 Rack

Default New FC4 Rack

Just wanted to share... I updated my rod rack a bit to fix a problem with it blowing over onto me in the right wind (didn't lean out far enough to overcome the wind force if that makes sense...) and to update the rod receptacles.

Hope someone can use the ideas or get some inspiration from it!

OLD:

NEW:

ScottV is getting one of these guys too (making 2 at once is barely harder than 1, he has an FC4, and he was sniffin' around my old rack like he wanted one! ).

Loaded for bear yo!!

Enjoy!

_SHig

I don't know shig.

4 rods at once might be okay for the casual fisherman.

But a halfway serious fisherman would never launch a float tube with fewer than 8 complete outfits on board.

Get back to us when you figure out how to mount an even dozen rods on your tube, newbie.

Cool racks Scott, even if they are inadequate to fish with.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

You know, Ed,

I could make you a carbon fiber and titanium jobber that weighs 2.73 ounces and folds into an Altoids tin for your SuperCat. Maybe not a dozen rods, but at least 8 or 9?

Thing is, when you hike 37 miles uphill both ways to catch 6" trout from a float tube, those "luxury" 7 or 8 rods' weight may cause a bit (not much mind you) of an elevated hear rate!

_SHig

How much? I want one...
    If he had it his way nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching it

Forty-seven MEEEEELION dollars!

_SHig