Thread: Clear Lake

Talking Clear Lake

Heading to Clear Lake for a long weekend with family and friends. Are there any trout there? Any feeder creeks or tailouts? Any creeks around the area other than Putah.

Or is this a strictly bass lake? How is the bank fishing with a fly rod, what weight do you suggest and flies?

I have a only fished bass a few times, strictly a creek trout fly fisher.

Can you point me in the right direction of the lake, general vicinity, north/south/east/west? Swap for some trout spots?

Thanks for the help!
    Anything on trout or bass will help.

Clueless Clear Lake Mike

Wink

Last time I was there a Spencers Brown Floater, or a Flaming Turd in brown, yellow, or green could dig up the "big ones".

Default Clear Lake

Clear Lake is strictly warm water fishery. It is consistently rated in the top 10 bass lakes. I wouldn't fish for bass there with anything less than an 8 weight. There is some public access at various parks around the lake, but you really need at least a float tube to fish it. Fish the rocks, docks and tules. Besides bass there are bluegill and crappie.

Try calling Tackle It in Lakeport for a fishing report. Another source is an internet site, catfished.com.