Thread: Lower, lower A/R: 7/1-7/3

Default Lower, lower A/R: 7/1-7/3

Wednesday- 3pm - 9pm
    Paul took his cousin and cousin's son out on Wednesday... using a #2 super minnow, they caught a whole LOAD of squeezers... biggest fish was 17-18". Bill's right, they are everywhere!

Thursday- 4pm - 9pm
    A little bigger fly = a little bigger fish....

Got off work early, and met Paul at the ramp. On the way up to the A, spotted a bait guy at the confluence, with a SALMON gutted and tied to the side of his boat! Couldn't remember the "DFG" part of the CALTIP number, so called info for DFG's number... After getting through to someone via their automated system, we reported this guy by his CF#... The guy on the other end of the phone was very unenthused and said "What, are they out of season?" Our trusted servants at work...

Using a 1/0 super minnow, still caught lots of squeezers, but in the late evening, found 5 schoolies up to 6 lbs. I had a 3 lb'er just about kick my butt. They are so much more aggressive and strong in the American! Pulled just as hard as any 6 lb'er on the Sac or in the delta I've caught.

At one point we had a double hook-up... me with a 3# and Paul with a 5#. While Paul was trying to land his 5, there was about an 8 lb'er under it trying to get the fly too.. Paul's yellin' "We need another rod!" LOL.

A very exciting day, none-the-less.

Friday- 6pm - 9pm
    Tried the same fly, in the same spots as Thursday..... NOTHING.

We had Dave with us this time, and he managed a 3 lb'er and lots of squeezers in some other spots.

Paul and I were SKUNKED!

================================================== =====
    I LOVE the American in the summer! Close to home and lots of fish
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Good job on the stripes!

Fins, the cal tip number is on the back of your fishing license. I have used cal tip a couple times, both instances it took anywhere from 40 mins to over an hour for the field dfg to show up. My calls were picked up by someone in SF, I held while they contacted the sheriffs office in the county I was in who then contacted dfg in the field. They then gave the dfg agent my cell number and he called me directly. Gave him the info and directions, working in that same county he knew exactly where we were, he then called when he was close and I was able to walk up on a levee and see him, I then gave him hand directions to the culprits and he was able to sneak up on them and write the citations. Taking and keeping juvenile bass for that one. The process is not perfect but better than nothing.