Thread: Scott Rod Repairs

Default Scott Rod Repairs

I got one of my Scott Rods back from the company today. I estimate less than 2 and a half weeks since Scott received it. It broke last month on the Truckee. A friend cast his rod into mine and the tip snapped. This is third time I've had excellent service from Scott. Gotta love American made rods and service.
    "Safety was never compromised." Laura Brown, FAA spokeswoman

I've been fishing Scott rods for many seasons. They make a great rod and I have had excellent service from them. Their repairs are top notch, even if it might take a little longer. That is a pretty good turn around time for them. I wish they had a bigger market share than those other guys!
    fish on, biaatch!!

Yeah I just received a rod back in about 3 and a half weeks. Very pleased with the work done on the rod. Great job, Scott Rods.
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

hmmmm. sounds like Scott is improving their customer service. Used to be, for every 1 guy who had a good experience with Scott, 20 had a bad one. As much as I love their rods, I dread breaking mine again, Ive had some horrible experiences with em.

I heaerd about a year ago the turn around was over 3 months for a repair, but they got it together now!
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

Ya, when I worked for Kiene's Scott's turn around time was poor but now they seem to have greatly improved their repair service. Even though I knew of their longer repair time when I bought all of mine I still bought them due to their great rods. I really enjoy every scott rod that I own and fish.

My favorite 2 are my:

8'8" 3pc 4wt G-Series rod - Perfect for the majority of my trout fishing

12'8" 3pc 7wt Arc Spey rod - perfect for my Northern Callifornia Steelhead fishing

I am happy to hear about their repair service improving.

Yay American made rods!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

i had a scott s3 9'6" 6wt which i broke on the trinity a few years back. I sent the rod back the next april and didnt get it back till that october. I called them a few times during that 6 month period the 1st time i called them they couldnt even find the rod =[. then they told me they didnt have the graphite to make a new blank...... the S3 was a nice casting and fishing rod but i sold it and i dont think ill ever fish another scott. Sage rods are nicer and i never had any problems with their warrenty