Thread: Flows Dropping on the T

Default Flows Dropping on the T

Since the flows are now dropping significantly on the T (from 4,000 cfs now down to 700--all measurements from the DC station), does anyone know when the fly water becomes fishable while wading? Would prefer to swing but also indicator drift. I have done well at 300 and 450, and have felt the water was too high and fast at 1,800. Any experience in this regard would be much appreciated. Thanks -Rob
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    -A. Einstein.

How tall are you? I was wading it at 1200cfs. But Im close to 7' tall.

Buddy got a Summer Steelhead much much lower on the river. I didnt see any Salmon other than ones moving upriver.

Some locals I know have been catching in Hoopa, but lets just say they are particularly protective of the fishing area. I fish upriver....

I'm only 6'4" but the water was very fishable in the fly section yesterday. Smolts everywhere with plenty of 10 to 12 inch hatchery rainbows fighting over anything floating their way. Didn't see another fisherman all day.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    -A. Einstein.

I fish a bigger fly to exclude the younger generation.