Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: mutterings abound

Quote Originally Posted by Finsane View Post
    Went over to Sailors last nite just to watch. I was there from 8-8:45. @ boats up in the hole. and none down by the put ins. Numerous guys/gals on both shores. Very slow for this time of year. I saw 1 of the boats land 1 fish. That was it. A few possible hookups on shore, but I think they were snagged on bottom. Really wierd...
    Yeah, SLOW. I fished there from about 4-8:30 and got three and counted myself lucky as I was at the head of the lineup.

_SHig

Red face

Just goes to show you with shad, here today gone tomorrow. Glad my shoulder was hurting yesterday so we bailed out after the slow morning session (only about 10 fish). Because the previous two evenings the shad's lip's were hurting big time in that same general area!!!!!!

I concede I didnt knoe Ameobas backround story. I was pretty shocked to see Ed put the smacketh down in that fashion.

I decided to put the boards info to the test....using only info in the recent reports I went out tonight and caught a dozen in 4 hours of fishing. I not terribly familiar with shad ot american holes but as you know its not too much of a mystery.

I caught the hardest fighting and personal biggest shad tonight...and had a blast!

Best part was the young kid across the river shad fishing for the first time, hooked his brothers friends face, and then onto 4 shad. We were all laughing.

Awesome Walter!!! For someone who doesn't Shad fish much(like me), that's a good number of fish, in a relatively short time.

I'm glad to hear you got into 'em and had a good time.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.