Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: mutterings abound

Default mutterings abound

last two days of "fishing":

6/10/09 - Paradise Beach; one tiny male brought to hand in 4-6 evening angler hours of fishing; (3 fishermen, 1-2 hrs each); mutterings of "not a grab" abound.

6/11/09 - upstream of Watt; alleged treasure trove of yore, is not this eve; 10 anglers in 5 boats, produce one dink 6-8 pm; not 20, not 30, not "countless"......one dink male. More mutterings......but mostly it was a day to pack it in early

run of fish this year, while better than none, is at the most generous times characterized as spotty and thin......hit or miss............for me and everyone else I see and talk to on the river.

While that may be a different picture than what other's think it is......it is what it is......so believe nothing you read.....go see for yourself........something to do after work......not as healthy as jogging, but not as tiring.

Default Whiner

Jesus H. Christ man, will you knock off the whining at your inability to catch some shad? You seem unwilling to change either your tactics, time of day, or location.

You had the opportunity, if you had so chosen to take it, to get info and even fish with a guide to help you get into shad. You chose not to.

Instead, we all get to read your whining reports of no shad here, no shad there, no shad anywhere.

Instead of getting all defensive about it when asked about your gear and tactics, why don't you try taking some advice to heart?

You get no pity from me.

Poor you, can't catch a shad the way you fish, or where, or when you want to fish.

While I hesitate to use the term 'Piss Poor Fisherman', the term has come up several times in conversation.

If you can't or won't adapt to this years shad run, please, oh please, shut the hell up.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

This is my second year fishing for shad, so basically I am incredibly new. I have gone once and got about 15 to the boat and about 12 or so ldr'ed in one night. I hate to say it but I believe it is your fish tactics not what you consider a poor run. You are the only person I know of that is not catching fish.

I'll be going again tomorrow night so keep an eye out for another positive report from me.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Conditions getting tougher maybe?? But if you can find them shouldn't be too hard to catch them imo.
    "Did you catch anything".........."No, did you"........

"Hey man, mind if I fish here?"....."Yes"...."Thanks man!"
    grgoding@yahoo.com

While i have not been shad fishing much this year, I have hooked fish about everytime out. The run has been pretty good and i think most would agree. Come by the shop or give us a call and we will try to help as much as possible. Feel free to email or pm me for any help. There are plenty of fish out there to be caught
    Jason Hartwick
    Kiene's Fly Shop
    Steelhead on the Spey Guide Service
    www.steelheadonthespey.com

I mentioned this situation to someone at the shop today and their answer was that someone is trying to play down the run to keep other away?????????

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Had three old timers from out of town in today who had a good morning and then came by the shop to surf the isles. They were then headed back down to the river for the evening bite.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

The old saying goes, "90% of the fish are caught by 10% of the fishermen."
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Jeez, some over reaction maybe.

I can't determine if it's one unfortunate fisherman or a couple dozen pathological liars (all with mad photoshop skills!).

Hmmmm.......
    "Someone just back of you while you are fishing is just as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you are writing a letter to your girl." - E. Hemingway

I fished Watt after the switch demo last night and was delighted to bag 4, LDR 3, and miss a bunch of grabs. Must've been lucky?

_SHig

Quote Originally Posted by caltagm View Post
    . . . or a couple dozen pathological liars (all with mad photoshop skills!).
    Maybe it's just me but I almost fell out of my chair -- that is just too funny!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.