Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian Food....

Default Indian Food....

If you're a person who likes Indian food (as I and my fishin' partner are....), the next time you're in Yuba City and looking for a place to eat try the STAR OF INDIA. Great food. Spicy curry's, Naan bread, Chicken or Beef kabobs, spicy Pakora (hope that's right) and many vegetable dishes. Good beer (according to my fishin' partner). Dinner cost for 4 adults was approx. $70.00. It's a little off the beaten track in a business office area but can be located by asking a local or from a map.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Wow, great topic! Seriously. I haven't had the time to explore here in Sac. Anyone have a favorite, reasonably priced Indian restaurant here in Sac? The closer to downtown/ midtown the better.

Thanks

Che

Default Indian Food....

There used to be a good Indian Restaurant located on the north side, near the corner of 8th/J Streets. Can't recall the name of it, tho. As I recall, it was open for lunches but not sure about dinners. It's been several years since I ate there as I don't frequent that part of town since I retired....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

kathmandu on broadway near 19th, sooo delicious
    hey, careful man, there's a beverage here

Default Just north of Yuba City

Bump for indian food in Chico, CA. I ate at Priya on Mangrove last month and it did not disappoint.

Star of India is in Sacramento too:

8121 Madison Ave
    Fair Oaks, CA 95628-3701
    (916) 967-1550

They were pretty good, the Naan has my 2 thumbs up! I am pretty sure they had Kingfisher beer (made in India). Not too bad either.
    Gregg Machel
    Webmaster & Fly Fishing Enthusiast

Default Indian Food - West Sac.

Hey ? Geiser,

There's another great Indian Restruant in West Sac just off Jefferson Blvd. My son turned me on to it and have been there several times. Seems like I remember a week-end buffet thing and also Indian coffee that was great.(kinda like thai tea only hot)
    TONY
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Default Pooja Indian Grill

I just talked with my son and we're heading there tomarrow. It's called Pooja Indian Grill on Merkley Ave. West sacramento
    TONY BUZOLICH
    Feather River Fly
    Yuba City, CA.
    (530) 790-7180

Kaveri's off of Fulton has a great buffet lunch. I actually liked it a little better than Pooja... mainly because I like it spicey. Also Taj Indian next to DMV in Folsom is a great little place, although I think they are moving their location.

Thumbs up Indian Food....

Had dinner about two weeks ago at a place called Merhan on Fair Oaks near Borders book store. Indian/Pakistani food. Very good but not a buffet. It's a sit down dinner place. Good menu and the food is great. The curries are spicy. Yummy!!!!

Author unknown