Thread: Love to hear your recommendations

Default Love to hear your recommendations

Got a bunch of guys, 14-18 getting together for the weekend of August 22. We're looking into renting out a small private lake or fish camp for the weekend where we can all get together have a good time and have the place to ourselves. We need to stay in Northern California and would like to focus on trout. I understand late August is not the ideal time for water temps, but that's the date. We have trailers, tents, if there is a cabin on the property great, but not a deal breaker. Would like to stay between $100-$300 per person for fees.
    Please flood me with suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Any ideas Kiene?

Default Big group for the weekend

I know of a great lodge on the Upper Sac. River, that is really on the river.
    The place is run by a very knowledgeable fishing guide and all round good guy.
    Go to www.houseontheriver.com and inquire.
    I live on the Trinity River and flyfish, catch and release, almost everyday if I can.

clear creek sports club has a lake planted with stripers and black bass. they are incredibly fun. Brad henman is the owner.
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into both of them.

I have looked at this place a few times for similar outings. http://www.vrbo.com/224794

Also If you want to take it up a notch I have heard Henderson Springs in a pretty cool place
    http://hendersonsprings.com/

Sugar Creek Ranch maybe?

The middle ponds are basically empty as of a few weeks ago, but there are still some stingy pigs in the big ponds.

Pound

My advise is to look at places that are over 8,000 feet for fishing in August in California.

Kennedy Meadows pack station for a short pack trip?

http://www.kennedymeadows.com/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

I second that idea Bill. I've been to Kennedy Meadows twice last year. August makes for some beautiful weather and great fishing. I did a week and backpacked out to relief for some fishing. Some of the best fishing in a long while.
    My life can be summed up by a fly cast. Strip our all you've got out, load the rod, shoot line and hope you don't scare away the objects of your affection.