Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Brook Trout dedication thread

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mike McKenzie View Post
    My grand-son and I fished Red Lake about a month ago and never touch a Brookie, but we did catch several Lahontan Cutts.. (stocked fish). We were there in the early AM and there were only a few other anglers..By 10:00 AM there were better than a dozen other fishers there. I think it's been hit pretty hard, especially since the highly publicized transfer of the Brookies from Silver Lake last year.....

My .02¢....

Mike
    Well I never got my pole wet @ Red Lake. I have passed it twice this year & have yet to see more that 5 people fishing it. I did camp there. I caught two brookies this weekend. Both were about 8-10 inch range. The first one I caught during the freak snowstorm. I will post the full details on my blog....I know, I have been slacking on it

A couple from a recent hike-in.

Thumbs up excellent catch there bro

jbird, those were some nice fatties you had there. Excellent catch I take it the hike was worth the trip.

I got a big smile seeing this thread get revived.

I've got a Brookie itch that needs scratching too. Gave it a try this weekend with Ed. The plan was to go for Cutts and Brooks. Got the Cutts, but weather and waning daylight put the kibosh on the Brooks.

Jay, those are some awesome specimens you got to hand.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Talking I wanna goto Northern Quebec

Had to bring this thread back after watching Fly Fishing the World. The crew went to Northern Quebec. Man, I want to go. Big Beautiful Brookies. Nothing but Brookies. You can catch the show again on Friday on The Outdoor Channel. Tivo, tape, or however you can get to it. It's worth watching. Here is a bit more info about the show:

NUNAVIK

Actor Liam Neeson and his friend Richard Bentley are fly fishing in beautiful Quebec.
    04-15 at 12:00AM | 04-15 at 3:30AM | 04-17 at 11:30PM

A few years ago I was lucky enough to spend some time fishing the new york/ vermont area where I met Joan Wulff, and she invited me over to watch a fishing movie. she put in a vhs of Lee flying somewhere over eastern canada. when he lands his float plane he sets up his rod with three flies, and procedes to start fishing. he hooks 3 brook trout on a single cast and lands all three of them.... their total was over 17lbs!!!! wow!!

Thats when I decided I should fish for brookies more often, but I really haven't given them much attention... one of these days
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010