Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Truckee?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jigger View Post
    The truckee was a mess with mayflies yesterday. In the morning was a steady stream of tiny greys (20) - bwo?. Main hatch was pmd with some march browns and small cream yellows - don't know what else to call em. A solitary caddis scurried up my arm. Even big 18 yellow midges with long gangly legs. Lot's of dead bugs in the slack. The swallows were jubilant
    More bugs than fish. All day two for four.
    *** I FOUND A FLY BOX. DESCRIBE IT, I'LL SEND IT ***
    Jigger. It's rectangular in shape. Has flies in it.

Thanks a million,

EO

Quote Originally Posted by jigger View Post
    *** I FOUND A FLY BOX. DESCRIBE IT, I'LL SEND IT ***

Check your PM's....

went out yesterday into the canyon hoping to escape crowds,etc, but couldn't quite beat the ranger- After fishing the T weekly for a few months now, it was the first time i was checked by DFG and the funny thing was it wasn't on Glenshire but way down a lonely dirt road! make sure you're fishing barbless out there...

Smile Forget the Warden... How was the fishing

Come on man give up the report.....LOL
    "Is this your homework Larry?"

hahaha, funny guy! As far as a report goes- relatively slow, a few hook ups here and there, biggest thing i landed was a $8.00 pack of Thingamabobers- i was pleased to bring my catch home.

I would take Bill's advice and come and fish the Truckee now untill the beginning of August. Fishing has been really good and will only get better in the next couple weeks. If you have a hard time on the Truckee now would be a good time to get up here. We have PMD's hatching, a few Yellow stones, and Caddis, along with some Baetis still. Everyone is waiting for the Green Drakes to arrive along with the big eveinng Caddis hatches. I think the cool rainy weather is extending these hatches a few weeks out. I have been mostly using a streamer, or a dry dropper rig, with the big ones eating my Green Drake Nymph. Flows are now at Summer levels and everything is lush and green up here along the river. Should be a great summer! I would add some photos, but usually my wife does that and she's still at work, so check out my blog. Thanks....

www.gilligansguideservice.blogspot.com