Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekend AR Report

Default Weekend AR Report

Had an epic weekend of shad fishing. Got 22 Fri evening, 20 Sat and 13 yesterday. They were all caught on Surf Candies, Bloody Marias, and I'm Too Sexy for My Shad in the lower river. Did a little recon in the upper river and there was no on home although there were a few caught by spin guys early in the morning before the raft hatch starts. It seems like they are just moving through and not holding down in the lower river. They are in the middle river so they should be in the uppper river any day now. It could be a great run since they are still stacked up at Discovery.

I knew you would get into them sooner or later. Was it with your spey rod shooting half way across the river to reach areas I couldn't with my regular rod. Or can a regular fly rod reach the areas holding the fish?
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Went by Watt Ave. last night. I have never seen so many people there! You could not find a parking place without driving around and looking for someone to leave...so I did. Nothing like the first 100F. day in Sacramento.

I was using my switch rod and casting out about 60 ft. A single hand rod would work.

Smile

Hey Jeff, that's great news I'm planing to hit it Thur.&Fri, AM or PM what do you think?
    "addicted to bent rods"

It's wierd but afternoons have been better for me. You'd think that mornings and evenings would be better. I caught 2 yesterday morning when it was comfortable and went back at 5:30 when it was 100 degrees and caught 11. I think it really depends on where you fish at. If I had to pick a time, I'd say pm.

Default Shad first time

Was at Watt on Sunday and was talking to some guys that got 20 on Satruday. it was my frist time fishing for Schad on a 5 weight single hand fly rod. had floating line but put weight on to get to the botton quickly and i got one frist time for fishing for them fun and strong fish. this was around 3 pm. dont know how long they will be at this spot know nothing about these fish how they travel or anyting. just getting back into all this.

Wink

Thanks Jeff< I think I'll just Have to fish both, Darn!!! Hope to see you on the water!!!
    "addicted to bent rods"

Jason are booked up the rest of this week?
    "addicted to bent rods"

Thanks for the report Jeff. Just got back from the coast and looking forward to a great week of fishing.