Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Really Good Bourbon ?

As an "official" Maker's Mark Ambassador I'm a bit reluctant, but I'll give you one I just found this weekend. Russell's Reserve- 10 year old. Nice stuff.($23) Has a "bite" like Knob or Dickel, and begs to be on ice. Isn't Blanton a Maker's small batch? Finally, give Bullett(as in the french boulette). Claims a Cajun heritage that fled to the east. The other to give a go to is Four Roses. A bit pricier but good ... john
    Fish like the humans you are-- L. Hemingway

Default My favorites

1) Booker's
    Big fan of Booker's (named after booker noe). This is Cask Strength and can burn your esophagus off. So make sure you cut it with ice. Not a good flask bourbon. Very full tasting like bourbon's of old.

2) Knob Creek
    3) Woodforde's reserve
    4) Evan Williams
    Regards,
    Joe

Fishing is like hockey...ya gotta get it in the net!

Old Potrero Rye, hand made by Anchor Distilling in San Francisco.

Not many know about it but AAA (Ancient Ancient Age) is very very good. But....I have not been able to readily find it in California. Aged a long time in the cask, smooth and satisfying. I get mine when I fish in Idaho.

If we're talking about whiskeys now, I'll opt for Midleton.

Default RGB

Learned alot with this thread. Seems each one has his "go-to's." All the rest must be
    sub- bourbons.
    Sorry.
    Larry S

Question Jim Beam

What Jim Beam isn't good enough for you guys??? Simple, can find it anywhere & you are supporting a good American Cause
    Last edited by robdog; 05-21-2009 at 11:40 PM.

Robdog, I believe that by a law passed in 1964, any whiskey branded as a Bourbon has to be made in the United States. Almost all of them are made in Kentucky.

Is that American enough for you?

You could always drink that Tennessee Whisky.

In honor of this thread, (thanks Tony, well done), I've just popped the cork on a bottle of Elijah Craig.

Sweet.

Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

I like some stuff called Pendleton... give it a try next time you guys see it in a store.

Now I've had Blanton's but I didn't find it exceptional... very good but not exceptional. I guess that is why everyone's tastes are different.

I just drained the last of my Knob Creek over some rocks and added my splash of water. Very nice for the evening!
    Often wrong, seldom in doubt!

Question Bourbon....

16 year old, single malt Irish Whiskey (Bushmill's preferably) served straight up in a snifter is as good as it gets for me....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown