Thread: Independent guide groups

Default Independent guide groups

Some of the veteran fly fishing guides in Nor Cal have gotten together to form guide groups now.

Shasta Trout has a collection of top Nor Cal guides you can feel comfortable booking.

http://www.shastatrout.com/guides/

Confluence Outfitters is another excellent group of veteran Nor Cal/Southern OR guides.

http://www.confluenceoutfitters.com/
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Default Truckee Guide NetWork

Bill---There is another independent fly fishing guide group based in the Truckee area; established in 2002 prior to the two you have mentioned. Currently our only high-profile presence is at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show. We have been with the show since it's inception in Marin county. We are a bit more low-key relaive to our marketing in the Internet though. In the future we will have a seperate site under the www.TruckeeGuideNetWork domain.

There are four (4) of us now, originally there was three. On our individual websites we have internal hyper-links to each other's websites. In the interim, go to www.cyberfly.com/TruckeeGuideNetWork.html for a brief info on who and what we do. From there you can access or individual websites.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Thanks Frank....I think it's a good idea to get guide groups together.

Have a great summer up there...............
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Frank R. Pisciotta View Post
    Bill---There is another independent fly fishing guide group based in the Truckee area; established in 2002 prior to the two you have mentioned. Currently our only high-profile presence is at the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show. We have been with the show since it's inception in Marin county. We are a bit more low-key relaive to our marketing in the Internet though. In the future we will have a seperate site under the www.TruckeeGuideNetWork domain.

There are four (4) of us now, originally there was three. On our individual websites we have internal hyper-links to each other's websites. In the interim, go to www.cyberfly.com/TruckeeGuideNetWork.html for a brief info on who and what we do. From there you can access or individual websites.

Frank R. Pisciotta
    Link doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by easymends View Post
    Link doesnt work.
    Try this link http://cyberfly.com/TruckeeGuideNetwork.html

Tony P

Default Truckee guiding

Wonder who all you would suggest for guiding in Truckee area in August. I followed the link but was hoping to get a little insight on who I should sign up with.

Easymends/Tony P---Thanks for the assist on the Truckee Guide NetWork link; I'm techno-challenged.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Default Selecting a Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sutterk View Post
    Wonder who all you would suggest for guiding in Truckee area in August. I followed the link but was hoping to get a little insight on who I should sign up with.
    Good question! My opinion is that you let the prospective fly fishing guide know what you want to accomplish, your skill levels, past experience and expectations. A reputable one will let you know if your requests are doable.

Be honest relative to your skill levels. An veteran guide can adjust seamlessly, not necessarily so with a new one; especially one OJTing. Essentially, we're talking honest and open communication...from the start...prior to your guide date.

I've authored an article that has been published in numerous fly club newsletters, a regional magazine and on-line. It is entitled "What To Expect When You Hire a Guide". If you want to see it in it entirety, please contact me off-line. If Bill wants me to share it with the Board; he'll let me know.

Frank R. Pisciotta