Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cinco de Mayo Shad

Talking Cinco de Mayo Shad

Landed a couple of fish at Watt Ave. between 4-5 oclock. Missed quite a few fish. A guy that I taled to had 20 to the boat yesterday. They are definitely here.

Great to hear that you caught some Bryan. I'm heading out this evening after work down in the lower river.

Hey Jeff,
    Spent yesterday (rainy day here) finishing up some "baby bugs" for shad. Finally replenished our surf-candy box too. It sure is hard to keep THAT one supplied as they are sooooo handy.
    Anyway, I suspect the Russian is mud from the vineyards now, so we may come join the festivities in your country for a bit this w/e.
    .....lee s.

Hey Lee S.

I've heard reports that they are being caught all the way up to Sailor Bar but I would concentrate down in the lower part of the river (Gristmill down). The flows are up so the Log Hole would be tough with a single hand rod. If all else fails there's alway Verona. I've tied a bunch of size 8 surf candies but have caught them only on size 8 and size 10 Bruce Specials (white antron tail with 2 strands of pearl tinsel, thin orange floss body, green wire rib, small chain eyes and a white floss head). Maybe I'll see you and Susan on the water.

Jeff

Hey Lee S.!

I just heard that Verona is blown out due to the increased flows. Looks like the American is you best bet.

Jeff

Talking Cinco de Mayo Shad

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    Great to hear that you caught some Bryan. I'm heading out this evening after work down in the lower river.
    Thanks Jeff, with these higher flows I am having to use a #6 head. Also I can't say enough about a Monic running line that I picked up at the shop.

I've got the monic running line for my Skagit setup. Are you two handlng it now?

Default still no fish for me

well nutz - having failed at Watt on sunday, I tried below H St for a ways and had no runs-hits-errors (no fish seen/felt). Saw no other fishermen there or boats.

Water temp was 58 degrees at 6 pm. Feels like bite should go WFO any day now.

My 225 gn, 24' tip seemed too heavy. May try again this eve.Will try upstream next, bring a kitchen sink of lines.

Default Cinco de Mayo Shad

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff C. View Post
    I've got the monic running line for my Skagit setup. Are you two handlng it now?
    N0, still throwing a single hand rod. The guys the other day said they were taking fish in the fast water. I was catchiing mine in the seam.

Default Hey Jeff C!

Tried the spot where I often run into you and no Shad - but hooked two Schoolie stripers in the froggy water on a #8 wet pinky! How's that for re-con?
    Regards,
    Joe

Fishing is like hockey...ya gotta get it in the net!