Thread: Cameron Park 4/22

Default Cameron Park 4/22

Cameron Park is slowly starting to turn on for top water. I went out last night after work to get in a couple hours of fishing. I started out subsurface for a couple of nice little bass and then at 6:30 decided to throw my foam Orange Crush that is a killer on bluegills out there. At first I had some small ones coming up and kissing the fly but not taking it. then I got to one of my favorite spots "Phil knows the spot well" and on the first cast to the area a nice gill hit the fly at the same time it hit the water. I then proceded to get a scouple small bass under 12" on my little foam fly as well. There is nothing better than bluegills on top on a 3 weight. It will only get better from here.

So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Nice slab...pretty colors. I have to agree, the gills are a blast!!!

Nice little outing Scott, I trust you wore your waders this time?!?!
    I've been waiting for someone to post about taking advantage of the local ponds with this beautiful weather the last 5 days(+/-).
    The "favorite spot" is awesome, should be designated "fish in a barrel"; and those gills are mostly real nice sized hellions.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

[QUOTE=Phil Synhorst;60183]Nice little outing Scott, I trust you wore your waders this time?!?!QUOTE]

If it is 100 degrees out I will be wearing my waders at Cameron Park. I plan on getting hip waders for when it turns real warm and I use my pontoon.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Scott, I kept it to myself because, well, it was a lousy day. But I took my kayak up to Cameron Park weekend before last and got completely skunked. Glad to hear you had some fun up there, and thanks for the report.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    There is nothing better than bluegills on top
    I guess one would have to experience this to know it to be true....

I'm pretty stuck on top-water stripes on the 8 wt....

LOL.

Beautiful gill...
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."