Thread: !! All HANDS NEEDED AT APRIL 28TH STATE CAPITAL HEARING !!!

Default !! All HANDS NEEDED AT APRIL 28TH STATE CAPITAL HEARING !!!

This is a call to action people. We need to specifically identify who is attending the hearing and post hearing press conference. If you live in the SF Bay Delta region, and have visited this Board - YOU NEED TO PUT ASIDE the 28th MORNING AND JOIN US. PLEASE.

We need everyone fitting this description to sign up at www.SaveDeltaFish.com ==> specifically click "YES" to question about attending hearing.

Location: State Capital Building - West Steps. Further details to follow and will post on SDF, CSPA sites.

BUT - WE SPECIFICALLY NEED TO EMAIL EACH OF YOU SIGNED UP - IN CONFIDENCE, WITH UPDATES. (And since we know most of you, we can send CONFIDENTIAL UPDATES). Our competition follows our public boards......

So please trust us - sign up and let's fight AB1253!

(please feel free to cross post this as you see fit) Robert Johnson, Jr (aka "Trout Nut")

also - see SDF's section called "Facts on Delta Water and Fish" Arm yourself with the facts! I will do a sep post later. http://savedeltafish.wordpress.com/m...nt-delta-fish/

Default AT least one person is awake~

That would be you RJ~

THANKS for your efforts! The video was well done.

Sad to see no responses here...

Perhaps folks intend to get involved but just stay quiet about it.

One thing I know... silence, apathy, and/or wishful thinking... won't protect our rights as recreational users/anglers/caretakers of the Sac/SJ Delta system and its tributaries...

And whether you subscribe to the 'Covelo theory' on salmonids over stripers... or believe as I do that introduced/naturalized and native species can coexist even within the confines of an artificial carrying capacity...

it is indeed in your best interest to prevent AB-1253 from a yes vote in the US Senate.

A shallower, warmer, hyper-saline delta watershed cannot possibly be conducive to any species, native or exotic, endangered or unlisted, aquatic or terrestrial.

I'll damn sure be there Tuesday the 28th. and hope to see many friends~

Mark aka, CHROME SWEET CHROME (formerly of fishsniffer/fullspeed)

Troutnuts post would probabably have gotten WAY more views if he had been tricky and titled it "40 fish day!" So yeah, the lack of interest is a little disheartening....

However, I think the word got out and those folks that feel passion about this thing are going to be there.

Major props out to the people behind "savedeltafish" and "saveourstripers". What a tremendous civic effort to the CA striper community!

See you on Tuesday! Matt.
    Church of Wild Steelhead!

Default Still passionate...

I WISH I could be at this hearing on Tuesday.... BUT, I have to work!

I have, however, sent the necessary and requested letters on behalf of myself, and my club. I have also signed the individual and group petitions on saveourstripers.com.

So... even though I won't be at the hearing, I'll be rooting for everyone there and will keep you in my thoughts throughout the day. AND, I'll be watching the board and news for any results...

Thanks to those who can attend this hearing. You are representing those of us who cannot be there....
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Question Interest....

Not sure the lack of a response on this BB is an indication of lack of interest. This subject has been plastered all over BB's in NorCal. There really isn't any need to respond. Sign the petition, send letters. I'm planning to be there. Just attend if you can.

The real test will be the numbers of attendees, etc.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Thanks for the reply Chrome Sweet Chrome - Mark!

sorry I am late replying - I was at a convention until just now. Looks like a decent turn out Call me at 925-580-4480 when you get this, or introduce yourself at the hearing. Thanks for signing on.

QUOTE=STEELIES/26c3;60331]That would be you RJ~

THANKS for your efforts! The video was well done.

Sad to see no responses here...

Perhaps folks intend to get involved but just stay quiet about it.

One thing I know... silence, apathy, and/or wishful thinking... won't protect our rights as recreational users/anglers/caretakers of the Sac/SJ Delta system and its tributaries...

And whether you subscribe to the 'Covelo theory' on salmonids over stripers... or believe as I do that introduced/naturalized and native species can coexist even within the confines of an artificial carrying capacity...

it is indeed in your best interest to prevent AB-1253 from a yes vote in the US Senate.

A shallower, warmer, hyper-saline delta watershed cannot possibly be conducive to any species, native or exotic, endangered or unlisted, aquatic or terrestrial.

I'll damn sure be there Tuesday the 28th. and hope to see many friends~

Mark aka, CHROME SWEET CHROME (formerly of fishsniffer/fullspeed)[/QUOTE]

Thanks MATT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by matt johnson View Post
    Troutnuts post would probabably have gotten WAY more views if he had been tricky and titled it "40 fish day!" So yeah, the lack of interest is a little disheartening....

However, I think the word got out and those folks that feel passion about this thing are going to be there.

Major props out to the people behind "savedeltafish" and "saveourstripers". What a tremendous civic effort to the CA striper community!

See you on Tuesday! Matt.

Default Thanks for helping out!!!! No worries about hearing!

You guys rock. Many people have not commented but have indeed signed up. There is traffic from Kieni's to SaveDeltaFish...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Finsallaround View Post
    I WISH I could be at this hearing on Tuesday.... BUT, I have to work!

I have, however, sent the necessary and requested letters on behalf of myself, and my club. I have also signed the individual and group petitions on saveourstripers.com.

So... even though I won't be at the hearing, I'll be rooting for everyone there and will keep you in my thoughts throughout the day. AND, I'll be watching the board and news for any results...

Thanks to those who can attend this hearing. You are representing those of us who cannot be there....