Thread: Patagonia

Default Patagonia

My Daughter and I are hoping to visit Argentina next february. We want to spend a few days in Buenos Aires, and then head for Patagonia for a week or so. I'd like to have clear information on options and costs. We'd like a mix of float, walk, and other fishing options. She wants to factor in photography, and kayak activities.

If anyone has concrete info and recommendations, kindly let me know.

Thanks, Brig Jones.

Default Patagonia

Brig----"Patagonia" does not have specific, established boundaries. In Argentina some people say it starts below the town of Bariloche (direct flight from BA) at the Esquel area. In Chile, the northern boundary is as high-up as Porte Monnt. I go to what is called southern Chilean Patagonia; around the town of Coyhaique.

There does not seem to be lots of kayaking (biking yes) where I go; at least I haven't seen on the rivers I've been on during the four times I've been there. Photography will be no problem wherever you go. But, mixing fly fishing with kayaking might be a problem.You'll have to look around to satisfy both needs.

Frank R. Pisciotta

Default Fly Fishing Coyhaique

Hello Brig,

My name is Jose Marti, and I work in Coyhaique Chile. I have been guiding in Patagonia since 1997.

If you are interested in Fly-Fishing Coyhaique Chile, please do not hesitate to contact me regarding this area. I am not too familiar with Argentina although I have fished it several times. Esquel would be an ideal place to start if you cannot make it to Coyhaique Chile.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Jose Marti

www.chileonthefly.com

chileontheflyinfo@gmail.com