Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardy Salmon #1 or 2 wanted

Carl,

Does it only have the one rivet on it? Cause if so that is not the one I want. Does the new one have four? If so I would be willing to pay more for that one, but like I said I would just have to save up for a couple weeks.

On a different subject, those fish you caught in Mexico are making me so jealous. Were they all on a fly rod?

Hey guys just thought Id put up some pictures to put some faces to some rivets....
    Left to right
    A Hardy Marquis 8/9. this would be the "one rivet" model. It has a circular "spring" made of some type of plasticy??? type material and one pawl.
    A Scientific angler system 9, This would be the four rivet model. Two steel springs, two pawls and can easily be changed to left or right hand wind by flipping the pawls.
    A Hardy Marquis salmon 2 with the same checkwork as the above reel.
    The newer Marquis have the same check as the Marquis 2 and the SA 9 in the picture. I believe the older Marquis/SA reels came in a silent check/disc drag version also, but dont have info to prove it so dont hold me to it. The older reels also came with a silver spool face and a black spool face. The silver ones were the earliest and the black came later. I also believe the newer and older spools will work on the frames of both the most recent models and the older versions also. Great reels that get the job done.
    Tom just do some searching around and you will find alot of old hardys. But as has been said expect to pay for them and ALOT for some versions. Ive seen alot of the older salmon Marquis reels in good condition going for the same price if not MORE than the newer versions. And as for perfects well thats a whole nother story...... Lets just say I paid just a bit more than 37.50 for a couple of recent 3 7/8 perfects!!!!!! Threw in a 3 3/4 perfect behind the other reels in the pictures. ..... Hope this helps out a little Kevin

Oh yeah Fochetti as Carl mentioned I know times are tough but I would also suggest in being patient and getting the reel/reels that you really want. Even if it means saving a little here and there. And when you do have the funds if you buy used then look for one that is in really good shape, sometimes paying a little less is not the best way to go in the long run. Paying a little more for one in great shape or a new one will be better off in the long run. You will be catching fish with the reel you want and that will make your fishing days that much better and if you take care of the reel with regular maintenance it will hold its value and probably go up in value and will last you a lifetime. Good luck in your search you will find one .... and two@! Kevin

Then after all that those are not the ones I am looking for after all. Thanks for the info and attempt though.

John

If anyone else has any info or wants to sell some Hardy's let me know.

John

Quote Originally Posted by nrthcsteel View Post
    Hey guys just thought Id put up some pictures to put some faces to some rivets....
    Left to right
    A Hardy Marquis 8/9. this would be the "one rivet" model. It has a circular "spring" made of some type of plasticy??? type material and one pawl.
    A Scientific angler system 9, This would be the four rivet model. Two steel springs, two pawls and can easily be changed to left or right hand wind by flipping the pawls.
    A Hardy Marquis salmon 2 with the same checkwork as the above reel.
    The newer Marquis have the same check as the Marquis 2 and the SA 9 in the picture. I believe the older Marquis/SA reels came in a silent check/disc drag version also, but dont have info to prove it so dont hold me to it. The older reels also came with a silver spool face and a black spool face. The silver ones were the earliest and the black came later. I also believe the newer and older spools will work on the frames of both the most recent models and the older versions also. Great reels that get the job done.
    Tom just do some searching around and you will find alot of old hardys. But as has been said expect to pay for them and ALOT for some versions. Ive seen alot of the older salmon Marquis reels in good condition going for the same price if not MORE than the newer versions. And as for perfects well thats a whole nother story...... Lets just say I paid just a bit more than 37.50 for a couple of recent 3 7/8 perfects!!!!!! Threw in a 3 3/4 perfect behind the other reels in the pictures. ..... Hope this helps out a little Kevin

Man that's a sweet bunch of ladys there hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are I am so jealous, those are some sexy reels!