Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardy Salmon #1 or 2 wanted

Default Hardy Salmon #1 or 2 wanted

If anyone out there wants to get rid of a vintage Hardy Marquis Salmon 1 or two let me know. I really want to put a salmon two on my spey rod, and when I purchase my new switch I would like to put the one on it. I am also interested in any other of the lightweight series reels, so let me know. I found a nice #2 on E-Bay but it has started to get out of control in the last hours, really bummed.

Thanks

-F
    Last edited by Fochetti; 04-09-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Default reply

chk your PM
    It's a Chromer!

And how many rubies are you willing to pay for this?

Carl,

It just depends on which one your talking about, but I am definitely willing to pay what they are worth. I really want a one and two badly...

John

Carl,

I don't exactly make a killing, but I do enjoy my job, so I probably couldn't pay you what you want. However, let me know what you want for it. I can either start saving up or if you would be willing to take payments for it I could definitely do that. I know you probably won't like that idea but let me know what you are thinking and maybe we can make it happen. Are these the older ones or the new version.
    Last edited by Fochetti; 04-11-2009 at 12:37 AM.

Do they say scientific anglers on them, or does it just have the SA. And I would be interested in them for sure, if they are the ones that have the four rivets, not just the single one. Tell me what you would be willing to let them go for. The brand new one you will probably want a bit more then I can afford but how about the used? And then hopefully we can work something out. Like I said maybe I can just save up for a while or make some payments to you weekly. Let me know if that would work.

Thanks

John

We have new Hardy Marguis Salmon #1, #2 and #3 made in Korea now.

They are seriously a better reel than all the old ones for several reasons but their is no nostalgia with them.

They start at $299.00 usd and we are selling them mostly for Spey rods.

They are fully machine out of 6061 alloy, anodized, with a few improvements like a stainless steel handed pin rather than soft aluminum, but they are dimensionally exactly the same so spools and parts are interchangeable with the old ones.

I have sold and used Hardy reels sense 1965 in Sacramento so I am very familiar with everything to do with them.

Click-n-pawl (ratchet reels) reels seem to be making a little comeback now. Small ones for trout and larger ones for Steelhead/Spey.

Very little drag is needed for trout or most Steelhead situations.

Do get me wrong, we are not pushing them on anyone....it is a personal thing for only a few fly fishers.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,

I am aware that you guys sell the new ones, however I would like to find a vintage one if I can. If not I have already thought about that option and I will most likely get it at your store. So thanks for the info.

John

Hi Carl,

You know we could have bought up all those old Hardy reels about 10-20 years ago when nobody wanted them.

Now they are getting popular again mostly because of nostalgia and Spey.

Some of those big Hardy Perfects for Spey are going for $1,000 now?

10-20 years ago you could not give them away.

You are right though, no matter what you pay for an old one it will always go up in value. Good investment.....

When I started working at Sports Unlimited in Sacramento in the mid-60s a Hardy 3 7/8" Perfect was $37.50
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Bill,

Twenty years ago I was only six years old so, I was only a fly fishing bum in training. That is craziness to think that I could have picked up one of those amazing reals for that price. But, oh well like all good things they just get better with age. Hopefully I can find one for a reasonable price one of these days. Thanks for all of the info though.

Carl,

You are 100% right, however the SA 10's are what I am looking for but I could only pay around $200 for one unless I saved up for a little while. So, unless you are willing to hook a young guy up for an awesome price, and have the satisfaction that you made someone immensely happy, i will keep searching for that once in a lifetime deal. Thanks for all the info though it is greatly appreciated.

John

Default Hey guys

So where is the best place to start searching for one of these old hardys at ?Also what should a expect to pay?? thanks guys Tom Davis I Really what an old hardy for my spey rod ???