Thread: L. Yuba info

Default L. Yuba info

Does anyone know if the Yuba is expected to blowout from the rain by Wed? If anyone gets a look at the River this afternoon, please post a report.

Thanks,
    Dave

Default Lower Yuba

The Lower Yuba is not going to blow out. The clarity on the river is perfect with about 4-5 feet of visibility. It has a great emerald green color to the water. I guided the Yuba today and the fishing was good. We managed to hook 20 rainbows between 8-21". It seemed like they were not keyed in on any specific bugs. Caught fish on all kinds of different nymphs like stones, march browns, pmds, and baetis. There were very few bugs on the water. Not a good day for those that love to throw dries.

Hope this Helps!

Tight Lines & Good Luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21 Inch Yuba Rainbow.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	310  
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

Default "Blown Out"

I've seen several references to "blown out" on this board, but I'm not clear on the meaning. I'd like to get more info about the characteristics of a blown out river.

Thanks!

Basically, blown out means muddied beyond fishability.

_SHig

Default Report

Well the weather wasn't bad but the fishing was. We only managed to hook six fish from the bridge to the Sycamore takeout. We saw one other boat and they found the fishing tough as well. All small fish. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05-24-2008 12;24;09PM.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	326

Quote Originally Posted by PAINLESS198 View Post
    Well the weather wasn't bad but the fishing was. We only managed to hook six fish from the bridge to the Sycamore takeout. We saw one other boat and they found the fishing tough as well. All small fish. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05-24-2008 12;24;09PM.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	326
    Man, I HOPE you're joking! That there is a very nice 'bow, and six fish isn't anything to sneeze at.

If not, I wanna be on your boat on a good day.

_SHig

Me too, if that's considered by you to be a small fish, just what size is average?

I don't think one of your 'big' ones would fit in the frame.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Default sorry...

I had to throw that picture in. That was from last year. Nothing over 10 inches this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by PAINLESS198 View Post
    I had to throw that picture in. That was from last year. Nothing over 10 inches this trip.
    You dog! Too funny - no "trolling" on this board.

_SHig