Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LSac, USac, Pit, Trinity, Klamath Report. McCloud & Hat Creek Preview

Default LSac, USac, Pit, Trinity, Klamath Report. McCloud & Hat Creek Preview

LSac has been great, Trinity smoltathon has begun! Other NorCal rivers are fishing fair to good. Check our full report @ ShastaTrout.com.

Is it just me or do the shameless guide plugs like this take all the fun out of a bulletin board? Advertising is everywhere, come here to get away from the day and what do we get...more advertising. Oh well.
    Last edited by bigtj; 04-02-2009 at 09:04 PM.

I worry about that every time I post, but we have to do everything we can to keep going these days. Sorry guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Gonzales View Post
    I worry about that every time I post, but we have to do everything we can to keep going these days. Sorry guys.
    Charlie if anyone on this board gives you a hard time about you posting, I'll take care of them. I should be one of the few people that get to give you grief about your posts.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

I'm pretty sure all the guide posts here are approved by Bill Kiene .

I don't have too much of a problem unless there's just a link - if the title says REPORT , I'd like to actually see one ! Not that difficult to cut and paste , you know ?

I know a lot of board regulars go out all the time and never post reports - it'd be nice if they did post more often .

David

Thanks for the reports Craig. Keep em coming.

Craig Nielsen and other top Nor Cal guides who come here are by my personal request so we can have an idea how the fishing is going in their areas.

They are doing this as a favor to me so we can all get an idea what is going on around Nor Cal.

We promote these guides to so people will hire them if they need help. all good for the sport as far as I can see.

We need fly fishing guides, instructors, outdoor writers and photographers too.

I love this information even if I am to busy to go myself.

Thanks to all who report on the fishing here.

Please post pictures when you can......
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Many of the "report" posts seem a little misleading, but when there is actual good information, I'm for it.

But I'll always take guide reports on a forum or their website with a grain of salt. No disrespect meant. But, I think you gotta sometimes.

But if Bill wants it, then so be it. It's his playground.
    Last edited by speyfool; 04-03-2009 at 09:49 AM.

what bothers me is not the annoying approach to submitting reports, but the WILD FISH out of the water on the flickr site.

Isn't that illegal? something about taking fish.........

Sorry for creating a stir guys didn't mean it. Should have thought before I opened my mouth. It's easy to forget that guiding is tough right now and that Bill has this site for more than our little personal playground, it's in his interest to promote fishing and guiding in N.CA.

I suggested to Bill a separate topic for guide/fishing reports, maybe that would help streamline things?

Regardless, the best advice I can give guides who post here is to reach out and become part of the community. Several guides do this. Others just post their advertisements and don't contribute. The point is that if a guide would want to promote their business I think the community approach is much more effective than the alternative.

For me and I'm sure others who don't want to read the advertisements we can just choose not to view the links or not to respond to them.

Again sorry for the stir,

-John