Thread: Rod management gizmo

Default Rod management gizmo

Okay, so it may not be new, but I needed something to keep my rod sections together. No, not a sock and tube. One because my rods generally are too cheap for a nice sock and tube, but two because I like to have my rigs set up and ready to go as soon as I get to the water.

So I made these. 10" of 1/8" nylon bungee and a 14 mm wood bead. Wood bead counterbored to snug the bungee knot:

In use:

Also, I think for most flies you can stretch the ball away from the loop at the butt end (or the tip end actually) and safely pinch a fly in there where it won't get free of your hook ring and snag in the trunk carpet! I was thinking also it might work to use a cork ball and actually spike the fly into that.

Just thought I'd share.

_SHig

Thumbs up Gizmo

Great idea!! I like the cork improvement even better. I've been using velcro strips (used to bundle wiring, etc.). I'll have to reconsider.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

shig,

I use them all the time. I found them in a hair dressing supply shop. 6 for $1.49. I also use bungie cords with the hooks on the end. I can wrap and carry up to 10 rods at once but I'm using the rigged and ready bags, so not to tangle lines, leaders or flies

Jay

Thumbs up

Ya know SHig, you keep coming up with, and posting these cool gizmos like this and your camera set up, and we're going to start calling you Inspector Gadget.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.