Thread: Longtime fishing friend

Default Longtime fishing friend

Had a buddy that I've known forever come and visit from Bozeman this week. We have been fly fishing together for almost 20 years all through high school to the present. He usually comes and fishes the Truckee with me at least once a year and I try to go out to Montana once a year. Chris is a great fisherman and it was really a blessing to get to fish with such a longtime friend. It seems just like yesterday when we were trying to figure out what bug to tie on and how far to adjust our indicators. The only thing different these days is I'm married and he has an eight year old son. We will always be on a river somewhere. A few pics from this week.

www.gilligansguideservice.blogspot.com

Thumbs up Friends....

Long time friends are worth their weight in gold. Oh!! Great photo's, too.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

Default Good friends

Hey Gilligan, I have a friend in Denver who I grew up fishing with here in CA. We fished Linda Creek from 1st grade on, graduated to bike riding to bass lakes in Placer and Sac County, were always on the Truckee and the Walker. He comes out every couple of years, and I head out in that direction the next. We hit West Yellowstone a few years ago and had a ball. Old fishing partners are priceless!
    When all else fails, put down the pole and swim with the dog.