Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Little Truckee.... Info Needed....

Default Little Truckee.... Info Needed....

Looking to head up there on weds, just wondering if anyone is planing a day trip before then, or if someone has gone up there in the past week or so. I need to know how that road is doing for driveability. I have a tj with 4" lift and muddy 33" so as long as its not horrible bad i can make it up there.

any info would be great

thanks
    brian

We just got about 6 inches of snow here in Hirschdale, but it is warm and should melt by Wed. You should make it out no probs in your rig.

www.gilligansguideservice.blogspot.com

thanks for the info. guess once i get there ill just 4hi it and punch it. hahaha. bring the come alongs and tow straps.

I was there on Thursday evening and there was hardly any snow on the road. I have never fished there before and received the big Goose Egg! Water was featurless and moving quickly through the meadow section. I should have tried the Truckee as pocket water would have been much easier with the "high" flows. If you know the river I'm sure you'll do better than I did. I doubt 6" will stop you but the river conditions might suck?

i am suprised that you got a big goose egg. the lt usually fishes very well this time of yr. but hey u will just have to get out there next time and wack um. well with only 6"s of snow, i laugh at that type of danger. bring it white stuff.

well i will be up there for sure on weds, if you see a white lifted jeep ill be somewhere in that area of the river. come down and say hi. maybe ill have some fish stories for ya. ill be with a guy thats about 6.5 350lbs, i am only 6ft but will have a orange chest/back pack on.

thanks again guys for all the info. especially the last one stating not to much snow on the road. that was what i was really looking for. thanks

good luck next times

Quote Originally Posted by bclem81 View Post
    ill be with a guy thats about 6.5 350lbs
    Sounds like someone I know.

Don't give this chump any info !!!!! HAhA, J/K, Wassssup Brian !

martinez, hummmm, thomas and thomas, interesting, wonder who that could be.

what up shaun. when we gettin together to slay some fish.

quote: "i am suprised that you got a big goose egg"

Dude the Little T and Big T send people home fishless all the time. The little T especially when it's low, the fish get skittish. And just when you think you know it all, both rivers will send you home with your butt in a nice package with wrapping paper and ribbons. That's what makes them so fun to fish.

Default Little Truckee River

This thread caught my eye. I noticed that it was started by "bclem81" and in his second post he responded to a fella who had 0 fish brought to hand on a recent trip to the LT. bclem81 responded with "...usually fishes really well this time of year..."

My comment is that it (the section below Stampede dam) has only been open to fly fishing in the winter since March 1 07. So it has only been open for about 1-1/2 winter/early springs. So my question to bclem81 is: Is your experience fishing the LT for the last 1-1/2 winters the basis for your comment about it fishing well?

If so, please educate me as to what techniques/flies you use.

Frank R. Pisciotta