Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Spring Time

Great stuff Tony! Your son looks like a seasoned fisherman, good for him.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Synhorst View Post
    Awesome pics Tony!!! Those are some chunky Whites your son is showing off.
    Pardon my ignorance, is the third fish a Spot?
    Yep that would be a spot. Sage wanted to catch one before we left so I pulled up on a break that was loaded with them & caught 5 in 5 casts then Sage said lets go so we left them biting. We weren't even out of the parking lot when I looked in the rearview mirror only to see Sage already sleeping.

Great looking fish. I gotta get back over the hill and hit both Naci and San Antonio. The carp at SA should be heading to the shallows

I don't blame Sage, I would of been asleep before the ranger check house I remember some of those long fishing days, especially the day we hit them in Los Tablas - ya remember that.

Talk to you later

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
    Great looking fish. I gotta get back over the hill and hit both Naci and San Antonio. The carp at SA should be heading to the shallows

I don't blame Sage, I would of been asleep before the ranger check house I remember some of those long fishing days, especially the day we hit them in Los Tablas - ya remember that.

Talk to you later

Jay
    Oh yeah I remember that day! It's still early for the SA carp. May is when it get's really good & we'll have to get after them when it happens.

Tony

Tony,

That was a great post...

I've made quite a few trips down there as well this year with Dave Sellers (it's our yearly right of passage so to speak...It's the type of fishing that welcomes the spring time arrival...) and this past Tuesday I brought my 9 year old son, Canyon, to experience the action. Needless to say he is hooked and what a great fishery to introduce your son to...Good on you for taking your son!

My problem now is that my son keeps asking when we can go back... which is a problem I welcome any day!

Also, it seems this year the amount of females to males is about 5 to 1 or so...and the females are huge...2.5 to 3 plus pounds.

I'll be back again next week...

Steve Cali
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Canyon-&-White-Bass copy.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	274  
    Last edited by Steve Cali; 03-20-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Was going to tie some bugs tonight, but I'm sure everything would turn out GREEN! GREAT thread you'se guys.
    ....lee s.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cali View Post
    Good on you for taking your son!
    My son & daughter are with me most of the time when I get fishing or hunting. Jay was my use to be my co-pilot for most trips but the kids just don't seem to leave much room for him or anyone else these days. I'll definitely have to get my kamikaze co-pilot (Jay) back out with me few times this year.

Tony P

Tony,

send me an email and let's set it up

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Murakoshi View Post
    Tony,

send me an email and let's set it up

Jay

Email? You know my number just give me a call. I'm hooking up the boat right now! A buddy of mine called & has a place on the water at the Delta for the weekend so I'm doing that last minute thing trying to get everything together for rain, wind, & sun. I let you know what happens come Monday.

Tony P

Thumbs up

Say hey Steve,
    That's a cool shot of Canyon. Can't get any better than that big smile!!!!!!!
    Cheers, Ken
    Love the challenge...What try? No try. Just do!