Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning a November Steelhead trip

The Deschutes is a great river to fish that time of year also. i would combine a deschutes Klicikatat trip that time of year with Tom larimer. http://www.larimeroutfitters.com/guidetripinfo.html

The Upper Klamath can be awesome that time of year. Some of my favorite swinging water is up there near Dillon Creek. http://www.marblemountainranch.com/
    There are is what I Would considera true wilderness area. During the week you will be lucky to see another person fishing the river that time of year.
    Last edited by shawn kempkes; 03-07-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Jeff,
    A bit more on the Grande Ronde - Speywater guides the lower river in Sept/October doing multiple night camps - back a couple of years ago Bill and I plus two others went on this trip and it was really wonderful - Bill these photos sure bring back memories!!!

Camp Raft

The lower river has some great water and when we did the trip they moved camp but not every day (I think their approach now is maybe a slightly shortened trip but the camp moves each day)

A few more photos;

Photos of camp

My bunk mate, Clyde Olsen who was over 70 with a nice fish - I met him a couple of years previous when I stayed at the lodge

Two years previous I went in November. After the float season they guide out of a lodge near Troy. A really nice site right on the river. They run three rafts a day normally with an upper, middle and lower float. This water is more accessible - a road runs along the river most of the way but I can't think of another river that has more steelhead habitat and great runs per mile than this section!!

Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any photos from this earlier trip to show you the lodge and the runs.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Hey Jeff
    Lots of good options at that time of the year. A little more information might be helpful.
    Were you planning on heading East or West, flying or driving, and what type of budget would help me and probably others offer suggestions to better fit your situation.
    slim
    We are looking at going no further north than Southern Oregon - prefereably the Redding area. I would most likely fly in and he'd be driving North from the California Central Coast (San Luis Obispo)

Jeff,
    I would put the Klamath (fewer folks) and the Trinity (more folks) high on the list for your time frame and region with a possible shot at heading to the North Umpqua and Rogue (southern Oregon)