Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milestone

happy birthday dude. i still got 12 years to go...
    Capt. Darrin Deel
    www.acflyfishing.com

Cool

Sorry Adam, I don't remember!
    Ya don't know, if ya don't go!

mike

I'll be 33 the end of the month and have always heard that your 30's are when you really get to have fun. In your 20's you have time and freedom but no $$$$. Now in my 30's I'm supposed to have more money but the economy has steadily handed me a a$$ kicking on an annual basis. Wife lost her job and now we're short selling my house at a $189K loss! So what I am saying is that you should have a great decade ahead of you. I now have two kids that I CANNOT wait to get involved in the outdoors. I definately spend fewer weekends too hungover to get out and do anything. I lived in Quincy for 2.5 years back in my 20's and I have probably fished up there more since moving than I did when I lived there. Something about Beer, girls, Beer, being a broke college kid and did I mention BEER? That's one of the motivations for me was looking back at when I lived right in the mountains and did not fish/hunt as much as I should have, I feel like I wasted that time. Now I make sure that I take the time to go and do the things I love. I guess that comes with maturity. I just hope gas doesn't creep towards $4 like last year. That really put the damper on some fishing trips last summer.

Happy Birthday Adam! 30s are a great decade. It's the time to (gasp!) start a family, get yourself underway towards retirement (if you haven't done so already), and generally get it all together, while taking advantage of your continuing youth. I guess what I'm saying is, make the most of this decade while living life to its fullest.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Guys, thanks for all the kind wishes and opinions.

I have been gone up in Tahoe on a birthday weekend type of thing, great weather but no fishing. Lately I have been hearing that most people enjoyed their 30's more so I am optimistic. I am looking forward to my 30's but I have little regrets while looking back at my 20's.

Thanks again for all the kind wishes!
    Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your limit

Adam Grace
    Past Kiene's Staff Member

Happy Birthday, Adam.

Each decade a bit different. All fun in it's own way. I will have to agree w/ David the 40's suck physically though. The body just doesn't want to respond the way it used to!

Enjoy!
    “To me the indescribable sense of anticipation and mystery in simply going fishing is almost half the fun.” - Robert Traver

At 63 I still feel young (immature at times too) mentally but my body is starting to feel older.

Be sure you don't waste any years.......

Being a grampa is pretty cool though.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grace View Post
    ....... I am looking forward to my 30's but I have little regrets while looking back at my 20's.
    Then ...... you didn't do 'em right .

David

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grace View Post
    Today, I reached my 30's, wow ....not really a youngster anymore.

I want to know what was better for you older-than-me guys, were your 20's better or you 30's? Why?
    I will make you feel really old , Cody i now 20 and Jason 23 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the one felling REALLY REALLY old !! Can't believe my baby is 20 .

Default Happy B-day

Aloha Adam, happy B-day. Every age has its benefits and drawbacks. I won't go inot the whole Daniel Levinson theory, but your 30th b-day can be a time when you look at your life and wonder if you are on the right path. I know you have a good heart and a passion for life. Make sure that what makes you happy is the relationships you have and not the material things. If you have unconditional love for others and yourself then any age will be wonderful. I hope you get to take a trip to a nice wide flat and catch your fill of bonefish. That would be my wish for you. Have a good one, Don.
    Don Memmer