Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: River Safety

I have a buddy I fish with. I wont let him take his PFD off. If he does, we dont catch fish. Ever since the first time we fished....

I have another buddy who needs a PFD, he did a cartwheel(spectacular loss of balance!) in the Truckee and floated down three runs till we caught up with him and grabbed him from shore....needless to say I tried to give him Simms "Wading Safely" Video for Christmas....

Kurt, the one I pictured is manual, so it will not automatically deploy even when wet. With that said, I don't know if it's intended to be soaked as a matter of course. In any case, it is made by Stearns and I bought it online at Bass Pro Shops.

I bought the headlamp at Bass Pro Shops at the same time (I was given a gift card). It is made by Streamlight and actually has 3 lighting modes (long and short-distance white modes in addition to green), rotates up and down with positive stops, and runs on 3 AAA batteries. Even if you don't fish with it on, it is darn handy for paddling your way back to the car and scrambling up a levee in the dark with your hands full:

-- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

REI has a multitude of Headlamps. Best part is their "IF it doesnt meet your high standards guarentee."

I used to work there, not a fan of guarentee abuse, but some headlamps are nockoff faulty jokes. REI sells good models and backs their stuff off.

Not knocking the bas pro shops at all. What I like about REI is you can try them on in the store(no Bass Pro Shops in my neck of the woods) with your favorite fishing hat if you like....

REI has a multitude of Headlamps. Best part is their "IF it doesnt meet your high standards guarentee."
    Walter, good to know.

I have had very good experiences buying stuff at REI. The tent my wife and I bought there about 15 years ago was (and still is) absolute top quality in my opinion.
    -- Mike

I have another buddy who needs a PFD, he did a cartwheel(spectacular loss of balance!) in the Truckee
    That's another one that should have been caught on video.

Speaking of which, I think it's only appropriate that I resurrect this video at this time:

http://www.bofunk.com/video/2955/fishing_bloopers.html
    -- Mike