Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A question from "the rest of us"

Karl,

Cool. No hard feelings here, either.

Group hug, everyone?

Smile

Walter -

If the WORST thing that happens in anyone's life today is seeing me drop the S-bomb , you can consider that a pretty GOOD day in the greater scheme of things .

Wouldn't you aggree ?

If my language has offended anyone , I'm sorry . I will make it a point to try harder NOT to swear .

David

David, I would agree. I also do not believe your language offended anyone, I believe swearing spices things up a bit. Just getting back to the rule regarding the context of what is read is subjective to the readers emotional state. I will do my best to keep things civil nonetheless.

Ando-
    PM sent

Jay
    [url]www.northernsierraflyfishing.blogspot.com[/url]
    [url]www.jayclarkflyfishing.com[/url]
    Jay Clark Fly Fishing
    530 414 1655

"Offering guided fly fishing trips for trout in the Northern Sierra and beyond"

Some people really do take the liberty to get rude and nasty on PM's. Just tell them "STOP Private Messaging Me."

Exclamation

To Everyone,

If you're reading this, I assume you have read my previous post using some quotes from Carl.

I'll let it be known right now, that I did not/do not intend to give him a bad name. He has been here a long time, and made many good contributions to this board.

Thanks, Phil

2/24
    I have made some serious changes to my posts here, even deleted one. After going back and re-reading, getting pm's both positive and negative(but cordial), and asking the opinions of some; I realized it needed to be done.

In short, I believe I let myself fall into the same abyss that got me twisted in the first place. I became part of the problem. My apologies to EVERYONE, whether you agreed with what I posted or not.

I do stand by the origination of this thread, I think it needed to get out in the open.

I remembered something a long gone mentor tried to teach me. "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean that it's right, or that you should". I'll try to apply that advice on this board from now on, my hope is that others will too.

Bill Kiene...to you my deepest apology.

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Synhorst; 02-24-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: update
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

Default Hey guys.

Cant we all just go fishing ????? Ha ha.

Rivers are Blown... we're becoming restless
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

Get some skis or a yak and go enjoy this weather cycle.

Default The End?

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to each and every member of this board for this thread that I started.

I'm sorry I put you all through that, espicially since I've railed about these kinds of threads myself. Now here I am bringing you all down.

My intent was to maybe bring a little community pressure to bear on the main offenders of these increasingly rude and out of control threads.

Carl, this thread had nothing to do with you.
    It was the crack about lining steelies at the outflow pipe along with the subsequent BS, now gone,from another thread that got my panties got all wadded up.
    All you had to do was ask.

When we ended our little email tirades with an agreement to drop it until we met up face to face I meant it and stuck to my word. This was not about you.
    If you were offended by my swearing in a "P"M, I will apologize for that. But I think that's all I owe you for.

Everyone please, no more posts on this one, except for Carl.
    Since I got the last word(2 words) on our last email, feel free to attack me one more time, I'm a big boy, I can take it.

But put a big fat fork in it after would you? Let's call it done.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.