Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to go with my son?

Maodiver, Putah creek is just about as tough as it gets here in norcal. I'd have to say febuary and march can be especialy tough ! But it dose hold some of the biggest resident trout around. Dam, I already have said to much.

Default Blue Gills

There are usually blue gills under and near the public launch dock at Lake Berryessa. I am speaking of the free launch near the Turtle Rock Bar and Grill (good egg rolls). The area is on the road to the Spanish Flat campground and launch, which is a fee launch. I have seen kids taking them on bobbers in April through June. Also, Lake Solano a has fishing dock you can fish near the boat rental area. I have seen blue gills, catfish and planted (holdover) trout taken there early in the season. I believe the area is a county park and has an iron ranger and it was $4 to park there last year. The area is patrolled by a park ranger, who does cite for parking without the fee sticker on your dash (envelope tab).

Mike O Guest

I was thinking of Solano, but then I have also heard that Steven's Bridge out by the Woodland Airport has some different species in it as well. May run out there one of these days, because it is close....

Theres some decent fishing for warm water species, Bluegill, bass, In the lower portion of putah creek from around winters to davis area. Been awhile since I have been there so I'm not sure about access. I wouldn't eat em, Lots of mercury in that entire watershed.