Thread: yuba

Default yuba

anyone headed to the yuba today (friday) or saturday? looking for some info on if its blown out after all this rain, really hankerin' to try out my new patagonia waders and boots from the flyfishing show, thanks!
    hey, careful man, there's a beverage here

Here's a link to real time flows on Yuba, which have been high the past few days. Coming down now (Friday PM).

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryF?s=YRS

Good luck, let us know how you do.

Thats a pretty fast drop in flows, would you guys agree its ussually best to have the flows stable for 2 days or more ?

Default Yuba Clarity

Here is a quick report on the clarity of the Yuba. I fished the Yuba on Saturday and there was about one foot of clarity. The water was definitely brown. It was not even close to green. The odd thing was the edges of the river were clearer than the middle. On the edges there was about a foot and a half of visibility. There were definitely some bugs coming off though with a handful of PMDs, March Browns, and even a few Skwalas. Needless to say with the tough water clarity the fishing wasn't good. In total we got three rainbows. I guess three is better than none. At least there was no skunk left in the boat. As deer creek gets lower the clarity on the Yuba should start improving. I would expect the Yuba to be in prime shape by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Hopefully someone can add some input on the clarity today. I will be back out there tomorrow.

For anyone interested in booking March 16 or 22 for the Yuba, Lower Sac, or Feather I will take $100 off.
    Guiding out here on some of the best trout waters of the west coast, it is my goal to fill your memory bank with plenty of fish tales, big and small!

was on the river today (sunday), same deal, clarity about a foot, maybe a foot and a half, color an olive-brown, few bugs, did see some mayflies and skwalas, but very few, saw zero rises, needless to say, was a skunk for me, mid-week i assume will be very nice
    hey, careful man, there's a beverage here