Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lanyards.....

Thanks all!

I may give one a try (Bill, do you carry them?)..... at the least to do my part to help the economy, mind you.

Seriously, of those of you guys who use a lanyard sans vest, are you also without a net? I believe I saw one online somewhere with a loop in the back to attach a net....is that possible?

John

Default Lanyards.... Eh....

A lanyard with a net loop.... I guess there's a way to do it but as I see it my mind, a loop for a net would be placed at the rear of the lanyard. When you hook up a net, the weight of the net would seem to pull the lanyard back until the front part would rest on your Adams Apple. Not very comfortable.... You couldn't carry the net in front as it would interfere with casting and/or line management. Maybe you could tie off the lanyard to a button on your waders or trousers or something....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I've used a lanyard for the last eight years. I also carry a small shoulder bag that I sling across my body. The clip on the lanyard can be used on my shirt, the bag strap or the top of my waders. My shoulder bag converts from a lumbar pack to a shoulder bag and my small net handle slides into the back where the waist band tucks in.

I love my lanyard because I can put the bag on the bank, my fly box in my pocket and I'm good to fish a run without all the stuff that I only use occasionally. The less gear the better for me.
    "Someone just back of you while you are fishing is just as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you are writing a letter to your girl." - E. Hemingway