Thread: Fishing Report, Klamath & Trinity Steelhead

Default Fishing Report, Klamath & Trinity Steelhead

With this weather it is hard to believe it is steelhead season but the fishing (and catching) has been good to great. Check out our brand new fishing report at Shasta Trout Fishing Report.

Thanks Craig

You have assembled a team of very good fly fishing guides there.

I know most of them.

Congratulations........and thanks for posting here.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Back at the San Mateo ISE show in January, my friend Donna O'Sullivan pulled my name out of a "Hat" entitling me and a friend (guess who I chose?) to a one day float down a No. Cal river of my choice with Guide/Owner of Shasta Trout, Craig Nielsen. Neither of us ever having fished that high up the river before, we chose the upper Klamath.

We met Craig in Yreka on a very cold morning and drove up to Iron Gate Dam. As the day went on the weather warmed up to the mid 50's and couldn't have been nicer.
    We floated from the Dam to the Bridge, taking virtually the entire day. We stopped several places to swing with our spey rods but to no avail. We did, however, manage three adult steelhead each and about a half dozen beautiful half pounders under indicators. Not my preference but I'll take it. All of the fish were wild.

It was just getting dark when we got to the take out. There we were met by two DFG officers who obviously had been watching the take out from the road above. In a kind of pincers move, they came down from two separate sides to greet us. They really knew what they were doing and were very professional. Thanks to Craig being on top of having all the paper work in order and seeing to it that we had filled out and dated our report cards properly before getting started in the morning, all went well. I was glad to see them on the job and told them so.

Oh...did I say that Craig is a great guide? I liked his laid back, no hassle approach to fishing. He had to remind me several times to lower my shoulders and relax into what I was doing. Amazingly enough, that is when I started to hook up.

I highly recommend Craig and Shasta Trout.

Anne
    "So it goes"

Bill:
    Thanks for the warm welcome and kind compliment. I hope you make it up to fish in the shadow of Shasta soon.
    Craig

Ann:
    I very much enjoyed your and Donna's good company and patience with my instruction. Thanks so much for the kudos. I hope the two of you can join me again soon.