Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simms Quality Control Issues

If your cabelas leak, send them in and theyll replace them. I had the Gold Medal Plus waders for about 5 years and abused them brutally. I thought "what the Hay" I called cabelas and told them my waders are a quilt work of aqua seal by now afetr 5 years of intermittent leak repair. I thought they were gonna tell me about some special offer on new waders in their next catalog.

Instead they told me to send them in for evaluation. After a couple days they called me to tell me they were gonna send me new waders. However, they were out of my size, so they upgraded me to the guide series, no charge.

I honestly thought I was gonna get laughed off the phone when they called me back with the "evaluation". I mean these waders were "rode hard"

Thats pretty darn good customer service

Jay

Now thats excellent customer service! I think a little too good. But Id take it.

Mike O Guest

nah...I prefer to spend $150 on a pair from LLbean, and never have to buy another. Great customer service there...if they fail, for any reason, to satisfy...they will be replaced.

Default customer service

Most of us know that waders will eventually leak.
    Quality control will always be an issue, and we all have had bad and leaky equipment.
    So for me, as well as those of us who have found great companies, it becomes important how the flyfishing industry treats us when we complain or call about problems with our products.
    I stand behind Patogonia products basically because of the way they handle problems with their products. Over the past 25 years, they have replaced or credited me $ whenever a problem with their products occurs, always without questions or hesitations. I guess that's why their equipment/merchandise cost more, but in the end probably not!
    I live on the Trinity River and flyfish, catch and release, almost everyday if I can.

I had one Patagonia product that was replaced 12 times in 2.5 years. To their credit I haven't had those problems with Simms.

Again, this post was not about "leaky" waders. They all leak. But they are not supposed to leak right out of the box or start disintegrating in two months.

Wink Simms Quality Control Issues

I know I had a pair of Hodgeman's for 4 years and they still haven't leaked. I decided last year that I was going to buy Simms. Needless to say I have about 13 days on the water since I got them and they are back at Simms because they leaked. They are however going to replace them under the warranty. I even asked if they could upgrade them from a medium to a large since I am fatter since I purchased them and they agreed. So Quality? Eh... don't know but they sure took care of me in my opinion.....

I sent my waders in 8 months ago to be repaired for warranty issues....ive been asked to pay for a new pair....I agreed, I still dont have a pair of waders..........Its been 8 months!

Quote Originally Posted by wjorg View Post
    I sent my waders in 8 months ago to be repaired for warranty issues....ive been asked to pay for a new pair....I agreed, I still dont have a pair of waders..........Its been 8 months!
    That may explain why you are bitter toward Simms. You may want to try contacting the regional sales director or someone higher up to find out what is going on. Sounds like you should get an explanation at least...

Often wrong, seldom in doubt!

My take on waders: All leak eventually, you're paying for comfort. Cheap waders on a warm day suck.

Wjorg, that's certainly not the norm and 8 months is hard to believe.

probably half my own fault, whatever, my own personal issue i should have kept so. it will be solved in the end. i have faith....just need more patience. sometimes i exaggerate(believe that?) maybe its only been 6?....