Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Simms Quality Control Issues

.....finally got my waders back. About 6-7 months.....

Wow lots of posts on this one. I have had only one problem with a simms product, The felt ripped off a boot after about 6 months of very hard use. The boots were replaced no questions asked and I had my new ones in less then 2 weeks and to top it off they no longer made the boots so they sent me a brand new pair of WAYYYYYYYYY better more expensive boots, I just had to pay 8 bucks shipping. If thats not customer service I do not know what is. As for simms waders, You can get a hell of alot more wader for what you will pay for a pair of simms. I beleive simms waders are only ok at best but there other products are great. Off topic question.....If this had happened and i took the boots to kienes would they have gave me a pair of loaner boots if i did not have any others to get by on ?

Question Loaner Boots....

Hmmmm.... Lets think about the question. Would there be an economical reason for a fly shop (not the manufacturer of the returned item) to stock extra, costly inventory so it can be loaned out, devalued by use and never sold.... IMHO, that seems to me to be taking customer service a bit too far....

I could be convinced that a rental agreement for the temporary use of item(s) from inventory would be OK but I suspect that cost could be high since the item will probably never be sold and the shop must recover it's cost.

With the advent of no-fault, lifetime warranties, manufacturers have created the idea that shops should follow suit. IMHO, that's not realistic. With few exceptions, fly shops do not make guarantees or warrant products manufactured by others and sold through their stores. Most fly shops don't have the monetary resources to do that or they would probably be manufacturers....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown