Thread: Rancho Seco: New Years Day

Default Rancho Seco: New Years Day

Simple story: no fish... But if I was to use power bait it would have been a different story. The bait casters were having an excellent day at the southern end of the dam across from the ramp. I was the only flyfisher on the lake and wiggle tail, dragon bugger, wolly bugger, and the rest of my flies that I brought, I could not hook up. I fished several different areas of the lake also. Well I hope this is not a sign for the rest of the year. Bill

Don't worry Bill, when I was there on Wednesday I was only able to catch one trout and it took all day. Once the sun shines through and it is not so cold I feel the action will pick up.

Never give up.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Hey! I had a great start to the new year. Just frustrated that I was not pulling them in like the power baiters were doing. I will be back down in a week or two to try it again. Bill

FYI I caught the fish on the Dragon Bugger that I took from you last time we fished.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Need some more hooks and tie up some more of the dragons... good stuff!!! We will have to get together and try them in the next few weeks. Bill