Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The Angler's Coast" by Russell Chatham

Default To echo what Tracy Chimenti has already said...

Russ Chatham, then and now, embodies what a true flyfisher and lover of life truly represents...

His passion for the sport, and for that matter, life, and anguish at what has happened to Mother Earth tears at my heart.

This man is an author and artist who knows no limits and in addition, knows how to poetically express all the feelings that draw us so close to the natural experience and cause us to lament when we see it vanishing before our very eyes...

$34.95 is a bargain you will never appreciate more...through his writing, he has influenced my thinking more than anyone now still alive!

Oh yeah, be sure and read his 1975 Sports Illustrated article about Bill Schaadt- you will gain a true understanding of the impact of Anglers of a Lost Coast...

Truly, one of my few remaining heroes!

I first found Chatham in Greys' Sporting Journal about a hundred years ago, or so it seems.
    Both his artwork and his writings are American treasures.
    He is one of my favorites, also.

Default Russ Chatham

That guy is good writer and sportsman. I interviewed him many years ago for a newspaper and found him to be very informed but humble. There are some other writers who are worth reading; anything by Thomas McGuane, Steve Bodio, Bill Barich, Tom Knudson, Charles Bowden and of course Jim Harrison are worth your time in the evening. Who else?

Wow. I hadn't heard Steve Bodio's name in years. Thanks for the reminder.
    So, who else?
    Most of the old Gray's Journal cabal; Ron Rau, Howell Raines, John Hewitt, Charlie Waterman.

One of my most treasured books is the "Tales From Gray's" anthology.

I suppose naming Robert Traver's work would be too obvious...