Thread: Website has gotten slower

Default Website has gotten slower

Seems the loading of all the web pages on this site have gotten slower. Every click requires a wait while the menus at the top load. It's gotten to the point now where it is annoying and this site is one of the slowest fishing websites I visit. Just wanted to give some feedback from a frequent visitor.

Question Speed....

I too had some problems with speed of loading pages until I contacted my ISP and found that my cable modem was contributing to the problem. Changed it out and "presto"; much better. This BB is still slow but better than it was....
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

That's weird I haven't noticed any slowness.

Thumbs down Logon....

Something else I've noticed is that when I intend to post, I'm asked to logon and do so. Then, when the text is complete and I click "submit", I'm asked to logon again. This happens every time I make posts longer than a couple of sentences. So, it must relate to a time limitation of some sort. If so, that's a change an administrator can make....

For example, this post didn't require me to logon again.
    "America is a country which produces citizens who will cross the ocean to fight for democracy but won't cross the street to vote."

Author unknown

I don't see any slow speed in loading this site. I was told to shut the system down at least once a week to eliminate ??????? Can't remember what shutting down the system does
    Anyway, it's fast

Jay

My techy friends recommend that I reboot/restart my computer at least once a week if I leave it running all the time.

I would shut off you router too at the same time and reboot it.

Next, if you have a PC and Internet Solutions, go on the web and go to "Tools" then on the drop down menu go to "Internet Tools", then go to "Deltete" then delete "Temporary Files".

Are you on "Dial UP" or "DSL" or "Comcast" or "Surewest" or ______________?

I can tell you that if this site is slow all the time it is on your end of things. Once and a while it can be your provider or ours but it is running super fast for me right now.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Well, just to pipe in with another data point -- I have had absolutely no issues with speed on this site and I've been on here everyday.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

OK, sounds like I have a somewhat unique problem. All I can say is that it's not related to computer rebooting and clearing temporary files as I do that on a regular basis. The slowness occurs at both work (high speed lan) and home (dsl), but both computers use the same software, windows xp with IE browser and symantec firewall.

As I said, my response and loading time at other websites is faster than this site. My feeling is that there is something happening between the new website software used here and my computer software that is slowing things down. I guess I will just have to live with it for now as I can't change my software due to work requirements.

Default Maybe Symantec Software?

I had symantec on my system and my computer would bog down from all of the stuff running in the background(symantec software). I had to uninstall it with ATT/Yahoo as they were using there own virus/firewall software and my computer speed increased tremendously. Then ATT switched to symantec for there virus/firewall protection and I started having the same issues. They just switched again to McAfee and things seem faster.

Mike