Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rancho Seco tournament or sorts

Quote Originally Posted by SHigSpeed View Post

Let's hope your guess of no rain is right. Cold is okay, rain is okay, but cold rain sucks!

_SHig
    Amen to that...but it can be productive as we both found out

Quote Originally Posted by erhetta View Post
    Amen to that...but it can be productive as we both found out
    True...

So E, you gonna call a fly? You ARE participating, no?

Or did I miss it in the other thread?

_SHig

Yeah, I did in another thread. It was an olive Bugger. In light of the weather I'm gonna go with a brown-ish bugger. See ya'll out there. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Yeah, I did in another thread. It was an olive Bugger. In light of the weather I'm gonna go with a brown-ish bugger. See ya'll out there. Ed
    Sorry Ed, I was talking to the other "E"ric.

_SHig

Oh. He had answered that too. What have you been drinking?

I just corked a bottle of 12yr Aberlour for a quick bugger tying session. MMMM. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Oh. He had answered that too. What have you been drinking?

I just corked a bottle of 12yr Aberlour for a quick bugger tying session. MMMM. Ed
    Very nice.... Seeing as it is almost 1am and I am still at work after a week of technical disasters, I am hoping just to get some free time this weekend, let alone fishing...

Good luck to all in both the Derby and the quest for the Scott V prize!!!!

hey
    I didn't make the weigh in but i had a good time. First off as i was making my first cast my rod broke so i ended up fishing a wooly bugger behind a bobberzi hooked 8 and landed 0.
    I will be back next wekend

The day turned out to be alot nicer than expected. The news said 30 m.p.h. winds, but what we really had was a slight breeze in the afternoon with times of blue skies and a bright warm sun. The frist thing I saw was Shig with a real nice crappie in the morning. I headed over to the second boat ramp and saw Ed getting ready to get in and also saw Gene out in his boat. So the 4 of us started hitting the area with little to no luck. So Ed and I put the trolling motors in over drive and headed to the other side of the lake where we both had a fish on but Ed was the only one to land his. I hit the fly of the lip of my fish as I tried to net it, and it was a big fish. So after staying there for a whie he heard the dinner bell ringing or the back up horn of the truck that does the planting. We head back to where we started and spent the rest of the day over there. Ed got the most fish, Shig got the different fish, but I got the biggest fish. I caught my personal ne best for a trout of 6.34 lbs. caught on a 5 weight with 4X tippet. Oh yes and the fly that won the day was a Dragonbugger tied by Matt Frey. Hey Matt my dragonbugger only has one eye left. All in all a good day and a good start to my small tourney's I plan on throwing, look for the next one in 2 months.

Gotta go my fish is almost finished on the b-b-q and I am hungry.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Wow Scott, nice pics. You were right, you got my trout in mid-air. Awesome. In the 'hero' shot of you and the pig I can see Shig in the background doing his balancing act.
    Shig, if you mount a motor behind you with a 5 foot extension on the shaft you can move around while standing.

Gene, we missed you at the weigh in. What happened? How'd you do with the Wiggle-Tail?

Should I relegate the Wooley Bugger to the list of old, has been, antiquated, out-dated, archaic relics from days gone by?

Just bustin your chops buddy, I'd fish with you any day.

Just don't dis da 'bugger.

Ed