Thread: Rancho Seco tournament or sorts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Rancho Seco tournament or sorts

This Saturday the 13th I am hosting a 1 fly, 1 fish, 1 day tourny. The rules are simple, you are allowed 1 fly, you can have multiple of the same fly but it must be the same fly. The same color, size, everything. At the end of the day we will see who has caught the single biggest fish. I am providing a nice little trophy for the winner, I was hoping to make this one myself but just will not have time to get it done, so I am having one made. Anyone and everyone can participate and there is no cost.

The rules are simple and it is a gentlemens and gentleladies aggrement of honesty. So come one and come all.

Measurements will be given to me at 3:00, so you have to catch your fish before then. You do not have to keep the fish just bring me its measurement.

If you are planning to show up post the type of fly you plan to use so people have an idea of what others will be using.

This all started from a talk of which will work better a wooleybugger or a wiggle tail. But I feel there are other flies people like to use to catch the big trout in Rancho Seco or any other piece of water.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Hey Scott,
    I won't be able to make tourney, but this is for sure--I can't wait to see the results! I'm laughing hysterically just reading all these posts.

Ah, so size is now fixed eh?

Okay, size 8 copper angel leech for me it is.

Where shall we meet at 3:00? Or can we text you the info at 3?

_SHig

At 3:00 meet me at the first launch ramp you see when you pull up to the lake next to the dam.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
    hmmmmm this sounds fun
    I hope you can make it out Guppy. Do you have a float tube or anything that can put you on the water?

THANK YOU SCOTT for putting this together......if we do this next spring or next year lets make it a week after the SMUD derby for the older fly fishing people......Watch your back cast you do not want a confrontation with someone throwing a big trible hook lure.....the bad weather is a good thing for the fly fishing people it will kept the crowd down.....and a CRAZY fly person just might place in the SMUD derby. BE SAFE

I was thinking last night about doing more of these little fun tourney's. I have a couple different ideas that I am planning for spring time for bass and bluegill. The next ones will have a little more notice so hopefully we can have more participants. My main thought is to keep all of these tourney's in ponds and lakes where you can not have a motored boat, it must be a toon or float tube or Mini Black Pearl accessible lake only. This way we don't have to deal with boat traffic and it just makes it alot safer. Future locations will include places like Cameron Park, Fuller, Red Lake, and other places like that. and always there will be a little trophy for the winning fisherperson.

And there will never be any cost to participate in the tourny's, except maybe an entry fee to what ever place we are fishing.
    Last edited by Scott V; 12-11-2008 at 10:11 AM.