Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rancho Seco tournament or sorts

THANK YOU SCOTT for putting this together......if we do this next spring or next year lets make it a week after the SMUD derby for the older fly fishing people......Watch your back cast you do not want a confrontation with someone throwing a big trible hook lure.....the bad weather is a good thing for the fly fishing people it will kept the crowd down.....and a CRAZY fly person just might place in the SMUD derby. BE SAFE

I was thinking last night about doing more of these little fun tourney's. I have a couple different ideas that I am planning for spring time for bass and bluegill. The next ones will have a little more notice so hopefully we can have more participants. My main thought is to keep all of these tourney's in ponds and lakes where you can not have a motored boat, it must be a toon or float tube or Mini Black Pearl accessible lake only. This way we don't have to deal with boat traffic and it just makes it alot safer. Future locations will include places like Cameron Park, Fuller, Red Lake, and other places like that. and always there will be a little trophy for the winning fisherperson.

And there will never be any cost to participate in the tourny's, except maybe an entry fee to what ever place we are fishing.
    Last edited by Scott V; 12-11-2008 at 10:11 AM.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

This is going to be a blast for those that can make it. I am going to be working the 13th, but will try to get out there for Sunday.

Scott, you are fishing both days of the derby, right?

Quote Originally Posted by erhetta View Post
    This is going to be a blast for those that can make it. I am going to be working the 13th, but will try to get out there for Sunday.

Scott, you are fishing both days of the derby, right?
    I plan on being there, but probably only til about noon or so, I have a family thing to go to. And I still have a suprise for you.

I can't believe there's not more interest here.

_SHig
    Definitely interested, just can't make it this weekend.

Hope you all have a GREAT day! Looking forward to the results!
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Smile

Ill be there Saturday around noon. It is ussually packed on the derby
    Last edited by Garrett S; 12-11-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: wwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeee

So far we have dragonbugger, copper angel leech, and black wiggle tail. Anyone else gonna call or are you waiting for the weather report!?

Projects:

Need to patch my waders ( I THINK I have it this time...)
    Tie more flies
    Work on a new PVC contraption
    Figure out how to stay warm and dry

_SHig

It looks like we will have an occasional shower, my guess is we won't see any rain but it is suppose to be real cold and the possibility of some strong winds. The winds are what concern me, if it gets real windy out there it can be dangerous on the water so be careful. And be careful on the way in due to fog, especially if you go the back route like I do. This is typical for any tournament, the weather is nice all week but once the weekend gets here it turns nasty, but that usually turns out to be some of the best days for fishing.

Maybe one of our fly fishers will win the big tournament?
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by Scott V View Post
    It looks like we will have an occasional shower, my guess is we won't see any rain but it is suppose to be real cold and the possibility of some strong winds. The winds are what concern me, if it gets real windy out there it can be dangerous on the water so be careful. And be careful on the way in due to fog, especially if you go the back route like I do. This is typical for any tournament, the weather is nice all week but once the weekend gets here it turns nasty, but that usually turns out to be some of the best days for fishing.
    It would have to get STUPID windy for Seco to kick up any waves I think.

Just bring an anchor so you can give your legs a rest!

Let's hope your guess of no rain is right. Cold is okay, rain is okay, but cold rain sucks!

_SHig