Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rancho Seco tournament or sorts

Great stuff guys! And a crappie to boot.

Awesome photo of Ed's fish in midair -- very cool! Looked to be pretty good-sized too.

And congratulations Scott! Between the woolly bugger and the wiggletail, looks like the dragonbugger ruled the day.

Hopefully, this will become another regular Kiene's Board tradition.
    -- Mike

Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that's why there are no signs of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairstacker View Post
    Hopefully, this will become another regular Kiene's Board tradition.
    I plan on doing one every other month, so keep your eyes open in Feburary for the next 1 fish 1 fly event. I personally will be sticking with the Dragonbugger, now I have to either get Matt to tie some more up for me or I'll have to call David to teach me how to tie them.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Wow Scott, nice pics. You were right, you got my trout in mid-air. Awesome. In the 'hero' shot of you and the pig I can see Shig in the background doing his balancing act.
    Shig, if you mount a motor behind you with a 5 foot extension on the shaft you can move around while standing.

Ed
    I will bet Scott is at his house or home depot engineering that extension out of PVC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jblack View Post
    I will bet Scott is at his house or home depot engineering that extension out of PVC right now.
    Already in the planning stage!

Sneak peek at my newest rod holder (as of this afternoon - too cold and wet to go the Seco today):

Lets the rod clear my stripping apron, seat, transducer pylon, and leaves the rod low. Should work well for t-row-lling and for rigging and unhooking fish.

Proper standing platform and lean bar next!

_SHig

Seriously dude. A live dog for a seat cushion? I'll grant you it'll keep your butt warm but man,that's pretty heartless.

You didn't miss anything out there today. Wind, rain, big waves, and no fish. I put in 3 hrs and couldn't take it anymore. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wahl View Post
    Seriously dude. A live dog for a seat cushion? I'll grant you it'll keep your butt warm but man,that's pretty heartless.

You didn't miss anything out there today. Wind, rain, big waves, and no fish. I put in 3 hrs and couldn't take it anymore. Ed
    I was going to post Himalayan cat not included.

I looked out the window this morning and had second thoughts about not heading out, but I'm glad I stayed home.

Thanks for validating my decision!

Maybe if the weather calms down mid-week...

Heard any results? Some guy on the "other" board posted a pic of a 9+ lb fish he pulled out on Friday night. I would've stashed that beast in the bushes for Saturday!!

_SHig

Yeah, saw the post on the other board. Too bad the big planters are so damn ugly.

I guess I gave away my status as 'dog man'. Had to go back and look at that tail again.

Now I'm really questioning your sanity. Sitting on a cat? Are you nuts? You won't have any left after trying that. I barely escaped with my life after giving one a bath. Actually it was many cats and many baths, and I think I have scars from each and every one.

Next time I see you I need to check out your vertical rod holders for an application on my pram. I haven't broken any rods yet but just having them laying down really bothers me.
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppy View Post
    What about January?
    Nothing in January, it is best to keep it at every other month. Too much too often is not good, unless it is a good bottle of single malt irish whiskey.
    So long and thanks for all the fish!!!
    `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

Quote Originally Posted by SHigSpeed View Post
    This mid-week escapade is sounding quite intriguing!

Since I am foregoing a free pass from the wife tomorrow to go, perhaps I'll join you. The boss is making everyone burn time off anyway...

_SHig

Gimme a shout if you do go. I might be able to squeeze a day off this week after last week's nightmare.