Thread: Long Weekend Report

Default Long Weekend Report

I fished 6-7 hours a day over the four day Holiday weekend on the American and Feather. The American was dead slow. I must have made a thousand casts and ended up with this 22 in halfpounder caught on a San Juan worm. We need some rain big time!!! Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FR112908.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	66  

Nice fish......
    Keep casting and they will come
    Paul
    Tight lines....

Very nice, hard won fish. I've been skunked so far on the American. Things have been pretty lean so far this year, which'll make the good days that much sweeter.
    Did you have any grabs on the Feather? Is that a Meiser spey rod? I've heard they're fantastic. Were you swinging flies all 4 days or do some dead-drift nymphing,too? (I prefer the wet fly swing to nymphing, but so far the few steelies I've caught were all nymphing.)
    Good fishing,
    Kurt

The rod is an Beulah switch rod that is overlined (by 2 weights) with a Rio Steelhead line. I normally fish it swinging using a 10 ft Versi-leader but that day I was dead drifting an egg pattern with a nymph or San Juan worm dropper. The rod also works great with a skagit head for throwing sink tips but the steelhead line allows more versatility.