Thread: Delta Thanksgiving Report

Default Delta Thanksgiving Report

Fished the Delta every chance I got over the thanksgiving holiday. The fishing on friday was unreal, and we landed over 30 fish, most of them 4+ and over. This picture of my friend Ben says it all...

The stripers continued to bite every where we went. Fished a number of areas I had not hit before, and they were biting there too.

Sunday was much slower (15 fish), but my gf caught her first striper on a fly, and we still caught some decent fish.

What a great weekend...

Last edited by wasatch; 12-01-2008 at 01:11 PM.

Default Stay Tuned for the Striper Piper Report!

dang it... ya beat me to the report!

I'll get the striper piper report out later this evening.... Lots of pics!

Paul was out every day last week from Saturday (11/22) to Saturday (11/29), even with the flu !

I was able to get out there with him 4 of those days

Was good to see you out on Friday!
    - Robin

"Yes, size does matter..."

Can't wait for the Striper Piper report!!! Good seeing you all out there as well. Sorry if I seemed a little rushed to leave that area. I had just came unbuttoned on one over 20 lbs after a good fight (we saw him clearly as he slammed the fly at the boat and turned to dive) and I was still shaking! Wanted to get back into the action, and that area has been slow lately for me.

Heres a couple more pics to hold folks over while we wait to see how the action really went down....

Ps, Thanks Paul, every fish caught on your incredible flies.

Awesome!! Great report!!!
    Less talk, more rock.

good Job Robert......
    glad to see you guys gett'n em.....
    boy did i have a couple of tough mornings....... Friday to be one I was so bummed ( but glad for you guys) when you told me about your morning........
    we kept scratching and ended up with a few.......that was not my best day.........

always have the youngn's hold the fish they look huge......
    Paul.......
    dam i still cant post picks.......

I got out with my dad on the Saturdays before and after Thanksgiving. The first day we took Ed Wahl and my aunt with us and I picked up one 23 inch striper--four or five pounds, maybe?--and Ed picked up a one largemouth--both in Sycamore Slough.

That was my first time driving the boat in the fog--sure slows down the run from Wimpy's to Hog Slough when you can't see the levees on either side of the river!

The highlight of the day was spending a couple of hours fishing Sycamore Slough while literally thousands of geese, scores of swans, and a few Sandhill Cranes flew around the area.

The striper was tasty, by the way. (That was the first one I've eaten.)

This past Saturday we launched at B&W and fished in and around Frank's. Came out smelling like skunk, but I'm not upset because I spent more time trying to teach my aunt and nephew to cast a shooting head than I did fishing. (Also fruitlessly threw topwater for a couple of hours in the fog hoping we could find some fish up top.)

My aunt is a total newbie at this but excited about it, so she's going to seek professional help with her casting to speed her along... (paging Jeff Putnam....)

Paul, I wish I had gotten your voice mail in time to meet you Saturday. Maybe next time.

Mike
    Life is too short to drink bad beer.