Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feather Steelie this Morning (response)

Default Feather Steelie this Morning (response)

Deleted by Bill Kiene

Unhappy

Well, since the original thread was taken down, I'll assume this one won't last too long. So best to get my two cents in now.

I guess my membership on the board needs to be revoked. I NEVER wear the "uniform" when fishing. I will, when I want to, use conventional gear. And God forbid, I do keep fish when I want to, wild ones at that. Oh, almost forgot. I have posted pics that don't show my fly rod, so those need to be taken down.

IMHO, Jared was unjustly attacked. He never claimed to have caught that Steelie on a fly rod. It may be that he didn't have a chance to respond Kurt's question until after he was "called out".

I remember a few months back someone else posting about a near record Smallie being caught on conventional gear. There was no backlash. Perhaps you might look up that thread, and give him a ration. It wouldn't be wise though, the post was put up by a guy named Bill Kiene.
    Stop! Who would cross the Bridge of Death, must answer me these questions three, ere the other side ye see.

I'd let it ride Phil. Usually when this happens it isn't because of the gear used, heck, it's all just fishing.
    More likely it's because of a comment that went well outside the bounds of either good taste, manners, or respect.
    Trust me, it happens. Ed
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it.

Hey everyone,
    My name is Jared Kiernan aka "RIPDLIP". I would like to invite anyone who thinks I kept or keep ANY fish over to my house to go through my freezer and find a frozen fish. Also if you would like to call any one of my family members, friends, and hell even my own kids and investigate if I am a keeper or an avid catch and release fisherman. I have taught my kids over and over about the importance of catch and release. That Steelhead in the picture was released right after that photo, with my kids and my nephew watching and cheering. As I recall in my original post I never said anything about swinging flies or flyfishing period. That would have been wrong. I was not aware of a Board Policy that did not allow non flycaught pictures. I honestly wanted to share my catch, help anyone that was interested in driving 1 1/2 hours from Sac to Oroville to fish for steelhead. Check out Fishsniffer.com and see if I posted on that site. I did not because that site is full of people who catch and keep. I know better. I was just trying to give a small report to Fellow Flyfisherman. Yes I do Flyfish, just not every time I go out.

...and Id like to mention my preference for the pettis unreal egg, over an improperly positioned bead. This should provide a subject changing (humorous this time!) controversy....

only kidding around. Enjoy fishing!

nobody got all over these posts for using gear ... why do it for RIPDLIP ?

http://kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14762

http://kiene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12326

When we eliminate a thread it is because people are getting out of hand attacking each other..........it has nothing to do with others who are posting appropriately on this thread or the original post.

A bad thread is like a repetitive never ending land mine.........it keeps going off time and time again as long as it's left up here.

Someone will read this thread in a year and start it all over again.

Anyone who continues to bash or attack people here will be eliminated.......sorry.

If people came in my fly shop or my home and acted badly I would ask them to leave too.

There are plenty of BBs that are not managed/monitored that people can go to and act any way they please.

PS: Read Ed W post......he has it figured out. Hell, I worked in a bait-n-tackle shop so everyone that fishes in my brother.
    Bill Kiene (Boca Grande)

567 Barber Street
    Sebastian, Florida 32958

Fly Fishing Travel Consultant
    Certified FFF Casting Instructor

Email: billkiene63@gmail.com
    Cell: 530/753-5267
    Web: www.billkiene.com

Contact me for any reason........

Quote Originally Posted by ripdlip View Post
    I did not because that site is full of people who catch and keep. I know better.

Quote Originally Posted by ripdlip View Post
    Fished hard for six hours and only landed 4 browns, kept two. The ones I kept were 6lbs and 4.6lbs.
    I guess someone hacked your kiene.com profile and posted fraudulently as you, right?
    Less talk, more rock.

Mr Big,
    That post you have found was from 2 years ago, and yes I did keep two fish for my Grandfather, who could not fish anymore. Since he has passed I have not and do not keep any fish since I do not eat fish, never have never will. Nice one though. I sent you a pm by the way.

P.S. I am very happy that you feel this strong about catch and release. I wish everyone felt the same.

Ripdlip,
    I feel bad about all the hostility directed at you after I asked if you caught that nice steelie on nypmh or swung fly. It was an innocent question, and it didn't occur to me that you weren't fly fishing--not that I care, really, as I'll use a spinning rod myself from time to time.
    Anyway, I am sorry that my question seemed to trigger such a stink.
    Good fishing (fly or otherwise),
    Kurt