Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gualala..Garcia..Navaro...BETA Wanted?

If I was more academic I would create a PHD thesis on the release of dopamine during the pursuit and capture of prey in a hunter animal. We have chemicals that drive the biological activities we undertake. You wouldn't be hungry or horny without them. The drive to succeed also creates protective aspect to those activities as well. You wouldn't tell anyone what it takes to get your wife/girlfriend in the sack if she is a tough nut to crack would you? But you still might brag how awesome she is(in whatever respects). Intercepting steelhead has been the greatest dopamine and serotonin release Ive found so far, at least one that usually keeps me out of jail.
    I should have followed the "if you don't have something nice to say, keep quiet" mantra. Sorry my Montana comment sparked this. At the same time I wrote my sarcastic Montana comment, I offered Todd inclusion into what little I know and property I have access to. To bad I didnt use the filter before I typed.....at least I don't drink and post. It'd be illegible at least if I did...
    Last edited by wjorg; 12-02-2008 at 07:41 PM.

The real question is What would Brad Pitt ( Paul McLean) do in this situation? Would he throw a streamer or a dry?
    I swear I'll be home by noon this time!!

Default Hey Westslope, See what you started?

I truly wish you much luck in exploring these rivers...the Gualala is just a little too close to a large population density called San Francisco. Steelhead do come in there but so do anglers, usually in droves. The Garcia and Navarro can be the stuff of dreams but you just have to hit them when the conditions are right. Once again, get the Streamtime maps, watch the conditions, and try them. They are beautiful and majestic places with or without fish. Your exploratory trips will reward you no matter what happens. What you will learn each and every time you go is what is most important.

I have done most of it, seen the good and the bad and learned from all of it...

All I ask for the well being of a vanishing species is that we all do it in a sporting manner, steelhead deserve that...

Even though I detest folks "parking" on a hole and indicating the hell out of it, pushing the fish to the far bank, I still fish an indicator if the conditions call for it (and it is legal where I am fishing)...but move on when I am successful and look forward to the next challenge.

Good Luck and enjoy your explorations!

Don

wjorg that is an excellent example except for one small detail; there are many more women in the world than steelhead... i know... its terrible.
    "I can hear the salmon fish saying - I'll be back!"

Arnold Schwazenegger, Governor of California, at Klamath Basin Restoration Agreement Signing, February 18, 2010

Thanks for the insight Don....much appreciated.

TG

Aye Dusty,

Ya larned somethin' in th' past yar or tew.
    Last edited by Bruce Berman; 12-02-2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Forgot name

Dustys hardcore! Hes out with like 3 women till 4 in the morning and just goes and fishes, no sleep. Better not create Dusty junior though or you can piss that fishing time goodbye....

as for me, both the women and fish will leave sooner or later. I dont have to pay a steelhead half.....